The Student Room Group

Kent and Medway Medical School A100 2021 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fluffy789
Not really, a grad said they got a Casper invite with 2510

kent considers so many factors... So someone here got rejected with Phd & over 2500 so🤷*♂️

Really not clear how they selected then 🤔
Original post by 1234luna
hey i go to a grammar school too but i’ve gotten an interview so i’m not sure

youve probs got contextual stuff
Original post by Lalalala93
You are right. For graduates, i think it was close to 2600

I guess I should be expecting a rejection in the mail soon as I did terrible this year and got 2460.
Original post by Cellular-Suicide
I guess I should be expecting a rejection in the mail soon as I did terrible this year and got 2460.

No because KMMS said that they may send out Casper invites later on in the year - no news means good news 👍
Original post by drogbaaaaa
youve probs got contextual stuff

i don’t :/
Original post by fluffy789
No because KMMS said that they may send out Casper invites later on in the year - no news means good news 👍

But at this point, if you are graduate; You’ve to contact them... I wouldn’t say no news is good news for kent as they are usually very VERY communicative compared to other schools
Original post by Lalalala93
kent considers so many factors... So someone here got rejected with Phd & over 2500 so🤷*♂️

Really not clear how they selected then 🤔

yahh my stats are 1st biomedical science and a ucat score of 2510 and was sent an email to take the CASPer test
i don’t :/

what were your stats
what were your stats

AAB predictions 2660 b2 ucat
what were your stats

NEVERMIND my gcse school was an academy my sixth form is grammar and ask they’re looking at my gcses i guess i would be classed as going to an academy
NEVERMIND my gcse school was an academy my sixth form is grammar and ask they’re looking at my gcses i guess i would be classed as going to an academy

lmao, where else did you apply with your predictions, only asking cos i got those predictions
and applied to kent, HYMS, sunderland and liverpool
lmao, where else did you apply with your predictions, only asking cos i got those predictions
and applied to kent, HYMS, sunderland and liverpool

kent, keele, liverpool and i got rejected form hyms like a week or two ago :smile:
kent, keele, liverpool and i got rejected form hyms like a week or two ago :smile:

do keele accept aab?
also arent keele basically like sunderland anyway lmao
both do r and r forms dont they?
do keele accept aab?
also arent keele basically like sunderland anyway lmao
both do r and r forms dont they?

keele doesn’t look at predicted grades i think!! but yes they both do the r and r form
keele doesn’t look at predicted grades i think!! but yes they both do the r and r form

bruh sunderland is literally keele
both dont look at predicted and both do r and r form lmao
fair enough lol
Reply 595
Original post by freemango
They don’t consider postgraduate qualifications, only undergraduate so unfortunately your PhD won’t have counted/been assessed for interview stage. If your undergraduate degree isn’t largely science-based, that will likely be why.

I’m in the same boat and have a social science undergrad with some psychology and a science/health-related Masters. I contacted them in advance of applying to ask about my Masters and they said it wouldn’t be considered at all.

Thanks for this info freemango. Indeed, my PhD is not considered and KMMS have noted this is the case. However, I have also systematically been through the undergraduate academic transcript, and I calculated the percentage of 'Biology, Biomedical sciences, Psychology or Biosciences' as about 80%; which seems (albeit speculatively) at least similar to several of the example degrees accepted in last year’s cohort. In defence of KMMS, my undergraduate degree title may not immediately reflect this ('Ergonomics', which is often linked with engineering). Nevertheless, the degree acceptability process should at least involve a transcript review, and an objective evaluation against other degrees accepted in that cycle (or pre-set criteria), which is this instance, has not been the case.

I am still in dialog with KMMS and contemplating the next steps. To be very honest, as I am not satisfied with the objectivity or rigour of the decision process based on the feedback received... But also, not sure if have the time/ desire to e.g. formally complain/appeal or request an independent review in the matter. I say that, but part of me also feels that selection processes into medical school (generally) needs to be objective, accountable, and transparent, thus, it is perhaps important to challenge these processes, even if I know it will not change the outcome....
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by hual87
Thanks for this info freemango. Indeed, my PhD is not considered and KMMS have noted this is the case. However, I have also systematically been through the undergraduate academic transcript, and I calculated the percentage of 'Biology, Biomedical sciences, Psychology or Biosciences' as about 80%; which seems (albeit speculatively) at least similar to several of the example degrees accepted in last year’s cohort. In defence of KMMS, my undergraduate degree title may not immediately reflect this ('Ergonomics', which is often linked with engineering). Nevertheless, the degree acceptability process should at least involve a transcript review, and an objective evaluation against other degrees accepted in that cycle (or pre-set criteria), which is this instance, has not been the case.

I am still in dialog with KMMS and contemplating the next steps. To be very honest, as I am not satisfied with the objectivity or rigour of the decision process based on the feedback received... But also, not sure if have the time/ desire to e.g. formally complain/appeal or request an independent review in the matter. I say that, but part of me also feels that selection processes into medical school (generally) needs to be objective, accountable, and transparent, thus, it is perhaps important to challenge these processes, even if I know it will not change the outcome....

I really hope you can get it sorted - Goodluck!!! :eek:
Good luck @hual87, whatever you decide. Your degree certainly sounds more science-based than mine and a review of your transcript would seem fair. Did you include your modules on your UCAS Education section? I think I’ll do that if I end up applying again (but unlikely to be to KMMS).
(edited 3 years ago)
Guys is anyone on here a gap year student who has taken the autumn series A Levels or equivalent ??
Hey guys has anyone’s Casper result been sent out yet? Mine still says completed-results pending...
How is Kmms going to send out interview invites if they haven’t even received the test yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending