Kent and Medway Medical School A100 2021 entry

Watch
JnP
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ecolier)
Indeed, our aim here in TSR is to make med school selection as transparent as possible.

Sadly many med schools don't even release their scoring system so many candidates are in fact, applying "blind".
About your transparent scoring system! How does it work in relation to Graduate applicants? Are transcripts scored? What scoring mechanism is employed for Graduates?
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by JnP)
About your transparent scoring system! How does it work in relation to Graduate applicants? Are transcripts scored? What scoring mechanism is employed for Graduates?
I don't know... I only said our mission on TSR is to make them more transparent.

GANFYD do you know?
GANFYD
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ecolier)
I don't know... I only said our mission on TSR is to make them more transparent.

GANFYD do you know?
No idea, sorry. And would not really help if I did, as KMMS then apply their own contextualisation system to all applicants and do not say what this involves. Last year we saw people with high UCAT and good grades rejected over those with lower scores because of some voodoo magic they did behind the scenes. I view KMMS as pretty much one giant WP programme, and this is not my area of expertise, I am afraid
davidwythe
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by JnP)
I don't know if this is any help but I was watching the KMMS open day video from June time and they said they contextualise your grades according to your school ie. if you score highly in your exams compared to other people from your school then you're likely to get in. I guess this may be the same for graduates but you'd be best off emailing KMMS admissions. Also they said they don't use the personal statement much to decide although they do look at it and use more of the extra curricular/volunteering side of things to make a decision. Hope that helps.
ABeingOnEarth
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by JnP)
They published how they score graduates via an FOI. They first apply the UCAT and SJT threshold and then score each graduate out of 10. SJT (1-3), degree class (1-2), evidence that favours NHS service in the Kent region (1-2). There is some ambiguity regarding the where the remaining 3 points are allocated.

Source: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...rse_statistics
Last edited by ABeingOnEarth; 1 year ago
FaccoyKazz
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ABeingOnEarth)
They published how they score graduates via an FOI. They first apply the UCAT and SJT threshold and then score each graduate out of 10. SJT (1-3), degree class (1-2), if you live in Kent (1-2). There is some ambiguity regarding the where the remaining 3 points are allocated.

Source: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...rse_statistics
Do they have something like this for undergraduates?
ABeingOnEarth
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by FaccoyKazz)
Do they have something like this for undergraduates?
Nah there's no FOIs for undergraduates unfortunately
FemaleBo55
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Did anyone else got asked to sit the CASPer test by KMMS? I have never heard of this before
Syou120799
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by FemaleBo55)
Did anyone else got asked to sit the CASPer test by KMMS? I have never heard of this before
No what’s that? Are you a grad ? And email/portal?
MomoAlas
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
They were thinking of using an online SJT to rank graduates. maybe that is it
Rla2020
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by MomoAlas)
I’m a grad applicant but haven’t been asked to sit it
Ram Charan
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Rla2020)
same, not sure how good a sign that is tho...
Syou120799
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ram Charan)
I haven’t been asked too 🥺
FemaleBo55
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by MomoAlas)
(Original post by Floshaye)
No what’s that? Are you a grad ? And email/portal?
(Original post by Ram Charan)
Yeah im a grad but i think every grad will get it, they gave my test for 24th Nov 7pm! They emailed me
so im assuming everyone might get it before this date?
I read up u wont even know what u scored at all -.-
Rla2020
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Yeah im a grad but i think every grad will get it, they gave my test for 24th Nov 7pm! They emailed me
Is it their SJT?
FemaleBo55
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Is it their SJT?
Yeah it is, but it not MCQ its written
Ram Charan
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Just checked my email. got one thru, but no update on kent vision.
Shuggy53
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Same
Syou120799
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Shuggy53)
Same
I think everyone has to do it sighhhh 😭😭
Rla2020
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Yeah it is, but it not MCQ its written
Ok thanks 😊
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (17)
6.91%
October 2021 (117)
47.56%
November 2021 (25)
10.16%
December 2021 (32)
13.01%
January 2021 (21)
8.54%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (26)
10.57%