The Student Room Group

Kent and Medway Medical School A100 2021 entry

Scroll to see replies

and ofc i'd pick this year to apply...
thank god
Yepp I saw your statement about it being around 1400? And last year it was more than 1500 or something. I think they might have a hard time with giving offers to people from a group discussion though
Original post by DoctorAk
Yepp I saw your statement about it being around 1400? And last year it was more than 1500 or something.

Yes they published the numbers on Twitter both last year and this year.

I think they might have a hard time with giving offers to people from a group discussion though

Yes indeed!

Post originally created by ecolier.
Because their selection process makes it impossible to know what your chances of an interview are, so many people are going to choose the devil they know (or at least can assess), rather than the devil they don't. Other new med schools have seen significantly more applications (Lincoln say their increase is exponential :eek:), yet KMMS have seen a decrease! If I worked in their Admissions Dept, I would be looking at why we are haemorrhaging applicants compared to everywhere else!
I think it’s because the application process is less transparent and less clear at KMMS, especially the ‘contextualise everyone’ approach. However, this year has thrown most ‘norms’ to the wind. To stand a chance next year you really need to be pushing your UCAT to > 2,700. Not sure when it will settle down, if at all.
does anyone know when they'll be sending out offers/rejections??
Original post by flyaeroplane123
does anyone know when they'll be sending out offers/rejections??

they recently said end of feb-early march the main bulk of decisions will go out :smile: very close!
Original post by FaccoyKazz
they recently said end of feb-early march the main bulk of decisions will go out :smile: very close!

thank you so much! 😊 the wait is soo painful 😥
Original post by flyaeroplane123
thank you so much! 😊 the wait is soo painful 😥

ahaha tell me about it! hopefully we hear some good news within the next few weeks :smile:
Is there anyone else who can’t get into the ID check link for today’s interview
Just finished the interview, phew!
hopefully, the wait won't be too long, they said decisions are going out in batches from end of feb onwards on their inta today
Yea they mentioned that the first batch of interviews will be finished this Friday, they're going to wait for the government announcement on Monday regarding the A Level situation, then plan accordingly to send out offers.
That was a scary interview. I started deeping everything after 😭😭
Original post by DoctorAk
That was a scary interview. I started deeping everything after 😭😭

Aw I hope it went okay!! :heart: honestly ever since my interview back in jan I’ve been thinking about everything I said or how much I contributed or how I thought I did in comparison to other people in my group. Ruminating is definitely a tricky thing, but I’m sure you did amazingly :smile:
Original post by theywereblue
Aw I hope it went okay!! :heart: honestly ever since my interview back in jan I’ve been thinking about everything I said or how much I contributed or how I thought I did in comparison to other people in my group. Ruminating is definitely a tricky thing, but I’m sure you did amazingly :smile:

Thank you. Yes everyone was great. That’s what I’m doing as well it’s so stressful but there’s nothing we can do now I guess. I’m sure you did great as well 💕
Original post by MrTevani
Yea they mentioned that the first batch of interviews will be finished this Friday, they're going to wait for the government announcement on Monday regarding the A Level situation, then plan accordingly to send out offers.

I imagine with AAB as a standard offer, KMMS will be a lot of people's insurance offer. Not sure how many will need their insurance offers this year. It will be interesting to see.
Although there are a fair few on TSR that will have their achieved grades already.
Yea, with my situation, I'm simply after an offer as I'm applying as a graduate. I'm not really waiting for any grades and as soon as I receive an offer, I can just accept it.
really wish
Original post by MrTevani
Yea, with my situation, I'm simply after an offer as I'm applying as a graduate. I'm not really waiting for any grades and as soon as I receive an offer, I can just accept it.

same. I am so ready to accept

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending