The Student Room Group

University of Leicester A100 2021 Entry

Welcome to the University of Leicester A100 2021 Entry Discussion.

Leicester A100 2020 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6022554

For general information click: https://le.ac.uk/medicine/study/mbchb

For entry requirements click: https://le.ac.uk/medicine/study/mbchb/entry-requirements/academic-2021

Leicester A100 / A199 2021 Offer Holders' thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6943792

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

hi, is there anyone on here that attended the virtual open day on the 3rd of July?
Does any one know the UCAT cutoff for previous years.
Reply 3
Original post by Tintubmum
Does any one know the UCAT cutoff for previous years.

There is no UCAT cut off, Leicester score a combination of you cutting GCSEs and past cut-offs are on their website
Original post by GANFYD
There is no UCAT cut off, Leicester score a combination of you cutting GCSEs and past cut-offs are on their website

Thank you
Reply 5
Hi!
Just wanted to ask whether I should apply to Leicester according to these stats:

GCSEs Score= 32/32
UCAT= 2530 (avg. 632.5)
UCAT Score= 25
Overall: 57/ 64

Thanks a lot!
Meghana
Reply 6
Original post by MeghanaP
Hi!
Just wanted to ask whether I should apply to Leicester according to these stats:

GCSEs Score= 32/32
UCAT= 2530 (avg. 632.5)
UCAT Score= 25
Overall: 57/ 64

Thanks a lot!
Meghana

Cut off was 55 last year
Reply 7
Original post by GANFYD
Cut off was 55 last year

Oh ok, thankyou!
what do they score exactly? i know its gcses (32), ucat (30) but what are the other 2 marks for?
Reply 9
Original post by lizzie.zipmouth
what do they score exactly? i know its gcses (32), ucat (30) but what are the other 2 marks for?

Details are on their website - 32 marks GCSEs, 32 points for UCAT
Original post by GANFYD
Details are on their website - 32 marks GCSEs, 32 points for UCAT

yikes, thank you! guess i'm just blind ahah
Hi,
Would I get an interview with a score of 58.5?
Reply 12
Original post by Saahi25453
Hi,
Would I get an interview with a score of 58.5?

As before, nobody knows yet. The cut off was 55 last year, so you are well above it, but the same issues re possible enforced defferals applies to all med schools
Hi I heard that if you do medicine at Leicester uni,and if you fail a particular exam then you have to repeat the whole year again rather than just redo the exam.Is this true?
Do you guys think I should apply? I get 55/64 and I am hearing that the cut off was 55 last year? it seems a bit tight...
Original post by bananaxo
Do you guys think I should apply? I get 55/64 and I am hearing that the cut off was 55 last year? it seems a bit tight...

Hi there, if your bang on the cut off for last year it would be risky to apply seeing as there will be offer holders from last year doing reisits in autumn or summer who will be deferred for 2021 entry so they may raise the cut off score for this year to reduce numbers.
Original post by 13thomasal
Hi there, if your bang on the cut off for last year it would be risky to apply seeing as there will be offer holders from last year doing reisits in autumn or summer who will be deferred for 2021 entry so they may raise the cut off score for this year to reduce numbers.

Sorry, I seem to have miscalculated it and I actually get 58.5, would this get me an interview if 55 was the cut off last year?
Original post by Saahi25453
Sorry, I seem to have miscalculated it and I actually get 58.5, would this get me an interview if 55 was the cut off last year?

As mentioned before we dont know how much they'll raise the cut off by but your score is quite strong and well above last years cut off so if you like the uni then I'd say go for it it wont be as risky as 55. 😊
Original post by 13thomasal
As mentioned before we dont know how much they'll raise the cut off by but your score is quite strong and well above last years cut off so if you like the uni then I'd say go for it it wont be as risky as 55. 😊

Thanks
Reply 19
My gcse score totals 31
my ucat is 24.5
total score 55.5, would it be risky applying here?
also are we expecting the points allocated to each decile to change ? should I wait for the interim report ?

Latest