The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1580
any offers/rejections?
Original post by simba10
i am still waiting aswell.

Can I ask ur points? :smile:
has anyone with achieved grades/anyone who sat the autumn exams not yet received an interview?
And if you sat the autumn exams did u let Leicester know of ur grades via email and did they respond/acknowledge this?
Original post by chemmathsbio

not very good. Ucat score let me down.
Original post by chemmathsbio

waiting for interview here with 56 points
Original post by 12luthran
has anyone with achieved grades/anyone who sat the autumn exams not yet received an interview?
And if you sat the autumn exams did u let Leicester know of ur grades via email and did they respond/acknowledge this?

hiya, I sat the autumn exams and I received an interview invitation about 2 weeks ago. I did email them letting them know about my grades however, they didn't respond/acknowledge it I beleive. I think Leicester is yet to send out one more batch of interviews (correct me if I'm wrong), so hopefully they'll send you one then :smile:
Original post by jna123
hiya, I sat the autumn exams and I received an interview invitation about 2 weeks ago. I did email them letting them know about my grades however, they didn't respond/acknowledge it I beleive. I think Leicester is yet to send out one more batch of interviews (correct me if I'm wrong), so hopefully they'll send you one then :smile:

I sat Autumn exams i dint realise I was supposed to email them my result will I still be being considered if I didn’t tell them? What should I do?
Original post by Harvey3546
I sat Autumn exams i dint realise I was supposed to email them my result will I still be being considered if I didn’t tell them? What should I do?

hey, I don't think you need to stress. I also emailed the other universities that I applied to telling them about my results and this is what one of them said,
"Thank you for your email and informing us that you have received your results. The university will also receive your results through UCAS." (just want to clarify that it was not Leicester who said this, it was another university). So hopefully they would've already received your results through UCAS.
Original post by jna123
hey, I don't think you need to stress. I also emailed the other universities that I applied to telling them about my results and this is what one of them said,
"Thank you for your email and informing us that you have received your results. The university will also receive your results through UCAS." (just want to clarify that it was not Leicester who said this, it was another university). So hopefully they would've already received your results through UCAS.

Okay thank you do you think I should still email Leicester now ?
We’re some interviews delayed? I think I saw something about some people being told their interviews might be delayed because of Drs (interviewers) being needed in hospitals.

Is that why the interviews are going on beyond the week commencing 8th Feb like it said on their website?
Original post by jna123

I'm pretty sure that sitting the autumn exams doesn't have a role in if you got the interview invitation, only the conditions of the offer you may or may not reveive
Original post by kktrian
I'm pretty sure that sitting the autumn exams doesn't have a role in if you got the interview invitation, only the conditions of the offer you may or may not reveive

yeah no I agree

Original post by Harvey3546
Okay thank you do you think I should still email Leicester now ?

you could if you'd like to. they're quite busy at the moment I think so you might not get a reply, I'm not too sure
Reply 1592
Original post by kktrian

No because of you have achieved AAA-A*AB you will be invited to interview
Original post by ng11
No because of you have achieved AAA-A*AB you will be invited to interview

I thought that was only the case if you had already achieved those grades when you first applied in October (ie through the summer CAGs), because if you think about it you're grades we're still pending, the same as those in Year 12, when you applied so there's no reason you would be treated differently to them. The only difference is you would get the results earlier
Reply 1594
Original post by kktrian
I thought that was only the case if you had already achieved those grades when you first applied in October (ie through the summer CAGs), because if you think about it you're grades we're still pending, the same as those in Year 12, when you applied so there's no reason you would be treated differently to them. The only difference is you would get the results earlier

I’d disagree as the autumn series is an extension of the summer exams and al those from that series should be treated the same it would be unfair to discriminate if someone was a private candidate or had poor teacher opinions
Original post by ng11
I’d disagree as the autumn series is an extension of the summer exams and al those from that series should be treated the same it would be unfair to discriminate if someone was a private candidate or had poor teacher opinions

But people sitting Autumn exams did not apply with achieved grades, so at the time of application, have predicted grades, just like those in Yr 13 and I am pretty sure they are treated as such. And I think UCAS are not notifying unis of Oct achieved grades until summer, anyway, so those applicants are being treated like all the others, especially as some of them may resit again in Summer, if they do not get the required grades in autumn (dependent on Leicester allowing this). Otherwise, those who get early exam results from exams, eg in March, could argue the same thing
The only people it is relevant for is those holding deferred Firm or Insurance places for a uni, where that place is dependent on autumn exams, and those applicants are not having to re-interview, anyway.
Original post by 12luthran

They acknowledges my email with my grades
does leicester send pre interview rejections once all interviews are done?
Original post by Valley016
does leicester send pre interview rejections once all interviews are done?

I haven't seen any pre interview rejections so they probably will reject people after they send all interview invites
i got a score of 55.5 so im pretty sure imma get rejected :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending