The Student Room Group

University of Lincoln A18L 2021 Entry (Nottingham at Lincoln)

Note: This is a University of Nottingham at University of Lincoln Degree, rather than a University of Lincoln standalone degree.

Welcome to the University of Lincoln A18L (Medicine with a Foundation Year) 2021 Entry Discussion.

Lincoln A18L 2020 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6022562

For general information click: https://www.lincoln.ac.uk/home/course/MDCMFYUB/

For entry requirements click: https://www.lincoln.ac.uk/home/course/MDCMFYUB/#collapse222020-21

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Can everyone applying here for 2021 comment their scores based on the scoring system on the website
Reply 2
You will be awarded points for each grade you achieve at GCSE level for your highest six subjects. This will include the compulsory subjects of the sciences, English language and maths. A maximum of 18 points can be awarded.

Grade

8 or 9 (A*)-3

7 (A)-2

6 (B)-1

UCAT Score

801 to 900-9

701 to 800-8

601 to 700-7

501 to 600-6

401 to 500-5

301 to 400-4

Situational Judgement Test
SJT Band

Band 1-4

Band 2-2

Band 3-1

Band 4-0
Hope this helps everyone!
Original post by Nealandmichael
Can everyone applying here for 2021 comment their scores based on the scoring system on the website

42, wbu?
lmao I got 16
Reply 5
Original post by freewinn
lmao I got 16

Gcse breakdowns, ucat score breakdowns and sjt band pls?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by KD02
Gcse breakdowns, ucat score breakdowns and sjt band pls?

GCSE
7: English lit
6: English lan, Double science
5:maths
4:geography
C:Media Studies

UCAT
SJT: band 1

Verbal Reasoning: 540
Decision Making: 570
Quantitative Reasoning: 560
Abstract Reasoning: 570
Total Score: 2240

(I'm applying for either GEM or foundation entry medicine)
Reply 7
GCSE
7: English lit
6: English lan, Double science
5:maths
4:geography
C:Media Studies

UCAT
SJT: band 1

Verbal Reasoning: 540
Decision Making: 570
Quantitative Reasoning: 560
Abstract Reasoning: 570
Total Score: 2240

(I'm applying for either GEM or foundation entry medicine)

you get 28/40 on ucat. you need 5 gcses at 6 and above to apply unless you've made the uni aware and they have exempted you from the criteria??Also there is no GEM for Lincoln.
Original post by KD02
you get 28/40 on ucat. you need 5 gcses at 6 and above to apply unless you've made the uni aware and they have exempted you from the criteria??Also there is no GEM for Lincoln.

Thanks. Im not applying to Lincoln, was just browsing around looking at different unis.
Reply 9
Thanks. Im not applying to Lincoln, was just browsing around looking at different unis.

Oh right, hope you find unis that you like and best of luck on your application
Original post by KD02
Oh right, hope you find unis that you like and best of luck on your application

Thanks. You too!
Can i apply to this and the nottingham foundation course?
Reply 12
Original post by YashTripathi1
Can i apply to this and the nottingham foundation course?

yes
Commenting on this thread to get notifications when people start getting offers!

Application sent: 14/10/20
I'm predicted AAC but the C is in chemistry.
Will I be automatically rejected??? 😩
Reply 15
Original post by xmxcella
I'm predicted AAC but the C is in chemistry.
Will I be automatically rejected??? 😩

Well, what does it say on their website for entry requirements. Do they ask for specific grades for certain a levels, if not then all you need is to be predicted their minimum requirements.
Original post by KD02
Well, what does it say on their website for entry requirements. Do they ask for specific grades for certain a levels, if not then all you need is to be predicted their minimum requirements.

It says this:
BBC including biology (or human biology) and chemistry

So.....
Reply 17
It says this:

So.....

So in that context it's only asking you to have the biology and chemistry a levels but not specifying for chemistry to have a certain grade. As long as you apply with achieved or predicted grades that meets the minimum requirements or above then you can apply (as well as meeting contextual criteria of course). Having spoken to them a while ago about whether they give an applicant with achieved grades an advantage, they do not and they don't look at your a levels whether achieved or predicted any further after making sure you meet minimum requirements. They use your total point score of ucat and gcses in deciding who to interview. Hope that helps
Original post by KD02
So in that context it's only asking you to have the biology and chemistry a levels but not specifying for chemistry to have a certain grade. As long as you apply with achieved or predicted grades that meets the minimum requirements or above then you can apply (as well as meeting contextual criteria of course). Having spoken to them a while ago about whether they give an applicant with achieved grades an advantage, they do not and they don't look at your a levels whether achieved or predicted any further after making sure you meet minimum requirements. They use your total point score of ucat and gcses in deciding who to interview. Hope that helps

Yesssss thank you so much 😊. I've been stressing about this all day (got my predicted for Chem today) but I feel so much better now. I meet the contextual criteria and I've scored 40/58 so hopefully I'm good 🤞
You're a real g.
It says this:

So.....

we actually say this:

“GCE Advanced Levels: BBC, to include Biology (or Human Biology) and Chemistry at grade B (a pass is required in science practical tests, where assessed separately). The third grade can be in any subject except Citizenship Studies, Critical Thinking, General Studies and Global Perspectives.“

so a grade B in Chemistry is required.

Latest

Trending

Trending