The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Don charlieeeeee
If they do send it we may have the interview in feb right ?

I think late jan to feb
Hi! Is anyone still waiting to hear back from Liverpool for Medicine. I'm yet to hear back with an interview nor a rejection and was wondering if anyone else was in the same boat? I got 9887777766 at GCSE and am predicted AAA (+A EPQ) and UCAT 2450 and Band 3 (which is where I've probably slacked the most). Have prolonged volunteering with the St John Ambulance and at my local care home as well as work experience at 2 major hospitals. Thanks
Original post by pabiluxan
Hi! Is anyone still waiting to hear back from Liverpool for Medicine. I'm yet to hear back with an interview nor a rejection and was wondering if anyone else was in the same boat? I got 9887777766 at GCSE and am predicted AAA (+A EPQ) and UCAT 2450 and Band 3 (which is where I've probably slacked the most). Have prolonged volunteering with the St John Ambulance and at my local care home as well as work experience at 2 major hospitals. Thanks

yea im still waiting to hear back, what did you get on the point scoring system?
Original post by robbie1237
yea im still waiting to hear back, what did you get on the point scoring system?

I'm not sure how to calculate my full score? I got 22/27 on my GCSE requirement scoring system.
I'm not sure how to calculate my full score? I got 22/27 on my GCSE requirement scoring system.

Your points would be 85.5/108

oh right, well no one really knows what the cut off will be this year so, we will just have to wait, you should find out by the end of next week, thats when liverpool usually send out interview invites, good luck mate
I’m yet to hear back too and have a score of 102.5
Original post by olivia892

me too with the same score - they're most likely sending out another batch next week, they did last year

Original post by maccles02
me too with the same score - they're most likely sending out another batch next week, they did last year

I got an interview with 102 so you guys should get an interview soon

Hi sorry to ask, how do you work out the score? I’ve searched everywhere and I can’t see anywhere how to do it!
Original post by bethm9256
Hi sorry to ask, how do you work out the score? I’ve searched everywhere and I can’t see anywhere how to do it!

https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/media/livacuk/schoolofmedicine/admissions/Liverpool,Departmental,Supplement,(21stSeptember,updateV1).pdf

It’s on page 8 here
Original post by XHannahR
Your points would be 85.5/108

thanks for the help :smile:
Original post by robbie1237
oh right, well no one really knows what the cut off will be this year so, we will just have to wait, you should find out by the end of next week, thats when liverpool usually send out interview invites, good luck mate

appreciate it mate and good luck to you too!!
Original post by drogbaaaaa
I got an interview with 102 so you guys should get an interview soon

I got 102 also, do you mind me asking if you’re a contextual applicant? Thank you!
Reply 794

Hi, is there any way to calculate points for a CBSE student ? We don’t have GCSEs or A levels so been trying to find a way to calculate. Thanks to you I’d been able to calculate UCAT points, so glad.
Original post by Ni fa
Hi, is there any way to calculate points for a CBSE student ? We don’t have GCSEs or A levels so been trying to find a way to calculate. Thanks to you I’d been able to calculate UCAT points, so glad.

Hey, they don’t calculate a score for CBSE students (or any other GCSE equivalents except for IGCSEs). They do consider your grades on an individual basis though
Reply 796
Original post by Kate234577
Hey, they don’t calculate a score for CBSE students (or any other GCSE equivalents except for IGCSEs). They do consider your grades on an individual basis though

Hmm I see. So they rank us on individual grades and not on a point system, am I right ? Thanks a lot !!
thanks for the help :smile:

No worries, all the best with your application!
Original post by johnjohnson2000
Hi everyone I deferred my place so I’ll hopefully see most of you this year. Has it been hard studying this year through everything going on? Also if anyone wants any general interview advice I can help because I’ve been through the process twice myself as I had to re sit

Any advice much appreciated! Mature student here, absolutely terrified 😂 feel like I gotta work twice as hard to get recognised as most of the current students have incredible stats. X
Original post by Fernpolliks
I got 102 also, do you mind me asking if you’re a contextual applicant? Thank you!

Nope, wait that's a bit vague which is why I edited. I'm not a contextual applicant

Latest

Trending

Trending