The Student Room Group

University of Liverpool A101 2021 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kalleuk
Hi, i applied but haven't heard anything back yet, not a rejection or an interview. Do you think it might be worth emailing to ask whats happening or just wait it out.

They only give me a week notice with the first batch of interviews !
But if the last interviews next week I would definitely just contact them and they might be able to help you out
Original post by Kalleuk
Hi, i applied but haven't heard anything back yet, not a rejection or an interview. Do you think it might be worth emailing to ask whats happening or just wait it out.

I'm the same, Liverpool seem to only give 1 week notice for interviews and and some one already emailed them and they've said the last interviews are going to be next week so I'd wait until the end of this week before emailing 🤷🏾*♀️
Reply 62
Original post by The_queenb
I'm the same, Liverpool seem to only give 1 week notice for interviews and and some one already emailed them and they've said the last interviews are going to be next week so I'd wait until the end of this week before emailing 🤷🏾*♀️

Yeah i will wait in that case, thanks for the quick reply

I would be of the view that they would only give you a weeks notice in the interest of fairness, as that’s what everyone else got. And I’d view the fact that you haven’t been given an outright rejection as a positive sign and the possibility of an interview still awaits!
Has anyone got an interview this week for A101 with Liverpool? Or heard of anyone who has?
(edited 3 years ago)
Has anyone got an interview this week for A101 with Liverpool? Or heard of anyone who has?

I know not every applicant is on TSR, but I imagine there’s very few being interviewed this week since far fewer are interviewed overall for A101 ?

Who knows, I’m just impatient to hear a decision :tongue:
Hi everyone hope everyone’s ok and isn’t too worried about waiting for Liverpool’s offers/rejections. I’m still at university in the last year of my biomedical science degree and was wondering whether anyone knew what the specific degree classification or score is for Liverpool.
On their website for their A101 entry requirements it states “Currently, students should have attained or expect to attain at least a good 2:1 degree in a Biomedical/Health Science subject
So by the way they describe it as a “good 2.1”, does this mean an upper 2.1 , such as 65% and over or is it just any 2.1 ?
Thanks in advance
Afaik all med schools other than Oxbridge only care that it is a 2.1, the % doesn't matter, I never got asked for individual module marks etc.
I could be wrong though
Reply 68
Just curious, did anyone else receive an email from admissions today about sending in a form re: home fee status?
Original post by me_d21
Just curious, did anyone else receive an email from admissions today about sending in a form re: home fee status?

I did, I assumed it’s because I was born in Ecuador and a naturalised British citizen so needed to confirm my status.

I took it as a good sign given that they wouldn’t bother confirming if they just plan on rejecting me :colondollar: I got an offer from St George’s soon afterwards so been riding on a high ever since.
Reply 70
Original post by JSTLjack
I did, I assumed it’s because I was born in Ecuador and a naturalised British citizen so needed to confirm my status.

I took it as a good sign given that they wouldn’t bother confirming if they just plan on rejecting me :colondollar: I got an offer from St George’s soon afterwards so been riding on a high ever since.

I had the same thought when I received the email! Why bother if I'm being rejected?

Congrats on your St. Georges offer!
Original post by me_d21
I had the same thought when I received the email! Why bother if I'm being rejected?

Congrats on your St. Georges offer!

Thank you! Yeah it seems like they’re getting ready to send out offers and doing all the final admin checks like fee status, checking references etc.

I’m optimistic but don’t wanna get my hopes up!

We’re you born or did you live abroad at some point? Any reason why they would wanna check your fee status?
Reply 72
Did they give you a deadline of when you had to send that form in by? Just trying to guage how long we still have to wait haha

Original post by me_d21
Original post by Jon3027
Did they give you a deadline of when you had to send that form in by? Just trying to guage how long we still have to wait haha

Nope, it said "As soon as possible" though 🙃
Bit anxious now as I never got a form 😂. Then again I was born in the UK, used my British passport as ID and also have no doubts as to my fee status so I’m kinda hoping that’s why ...
Original post by me_d21

I didn’t. But I don’t seem to get any of their generic emails for some reason 🙄 I hope this isn’t a sign for a rejection for those who don’t get it 😳

UPDATE: I am one of those people who worries about missing something so I sent them an email asking about it. They were super speedy replying to me and reassured that not everyone needs to fill in the fee status form - 'only sent out to applicants that require one'. I feel silly now :tongue:
(edited 3 years ago)
Hey guys, I had my interview in December, and they asked me to also fill out a form as a settled EEA back in January - I don't think this has any relevance to offers unfortunately, but I have received a confirmation of my status today, so it seems they are moving onto final stages now, hopefully we'll hear soon!
Original post by pole5533
Hey guys, I had my interview in December, and they asked me to also fill out a form as a settled EEA back in January - I don't think this has any relevance to offers unfortunately, but I have received a confirmation of my status today, so it seems they are moving onto final stages now, hopefully we'll hear soon!

I understand what you mean, but my thinking is that because we are due to find out the outcome within the next few weeks, it wouldn't make sense for them to confirm my status at this late stage if they are going to send me a rejection. That doesn't mean I'm guaranteed an offer or that anyone who hasn't got a form isn't getting an offer, but more a sign that they aren't planning on rejecting me.

Of course this is all speculative so who knows how their administrative process works.
I think I failed the Liverpool interview as I had a really bad mental health period back in December but still received the questionnaire. I am honestly expecting a rejection.
Original post by JSTLjack
I understand what you mean, but my thinking is that because we are due to find out the outcome within the next few weeks, it wouldn't make sense for them to confirm my status at this late stage if they are going to send me a rejection. That doesn't mean I'm guaranteed an offer or that anyone who hasn't got a form isn't getting an offer, but more a sign that they aren't planning on rejecting me.

Of course this is all speculative so who knows how their administrative process works.

Hey here's hoping that's true and we'll shake each others hands come September :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending