The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dontorka
Oh that's great. Thank you for your reply! Did they say approximately how many UCAT score(out of 40) is usually competitive enough for the interveiw?

I doubt they will use their UK UCAT scoring system and are likely to just use raw score +/- SJT
Original post by dontorka
Oh that's great. Thank you for your reply! Did they say approximately how many UCAT score(out of 40) is usually competitive enough for the interveiw?

Nope, they were quite vague when I asked that. I don't think they can give specifics because internationals fall into many different categories for Nottingham. For example I took IGCSEs hence they said they would use the normal scoring system for me (although they had a degree of uncertainty when saying this)
Original post by himanshu0000000
Nope, they were quite vague when I asked that. I don't think they can give specifics because internationals fall into many different categories for Nottingham. For example I took IGCSEs hence they said they would use the normal scoring system for me (although they had a degree of uncertainty when saying this)

Do you know any successful international Nottingham applicants and what scores they got out of 40?
does further maths count as a GCSe the aqa level 1/2 certificate?
Has anyone had an acknowledgement of application yet?
Original post by Dontkmowwhat
Has anyone had an acknowledgement of application yet?

i applied on monday and got an acknowledgment email the same day, like 12 hours later if that helps
hi,
im hoping to applying to nottingham . im on a gap year with a levels of AAA.

i just calculated my points and i have 44/56. would you guys say that's a good score to apply with, or is it too low?

thanks
Original post by jodger12456789
hi,
im hoping to applying to nottingham . im on a gap year with a levels of AAA.

i just calculated my points and i have 44/56. would you guys say that's a good score to apply with, or is it too low?

thanks

Hi do you happen to know if you are contextual or not? Those people with scores last year under 46 did seem to be contextual. Its entirely up to you but it could be a risk. No one know if the cut off will be higher or lower or even thr same. Good luck with your applications.
Original post by DR2002
Hi do you happen to know if you are contextual or not? Those people with scores last year under 46 did seem to be contextual. Its entirely up to you but it could be a risk. No one know if the cut off will be higher or lower or even thr same. Good luck with your applications.

Hi
I’m not contextual:/
And I have sent off my application already... and now I’m panicking:///
Do you think I should try and change my choice to something else?
Original post by jodger12456789
Hi
I’m not contextual:/
And I have sent off my application already... and now I’m panicking:///
Do you think I should try and change my choice to something else?

44/56 is too low for the past 2 years, I would change it if i can
Hi, I’ve applied to Nottingham A100 and was just wondering if anyone else is waiting on an acknowledgment from them?
Original post by imsofkntired
Hi, I’ve applied to Nottingham A100 and was just wondering if anyone else is waiting on an acknowledgment from them?

Please post in this dedicated thread for Nottingham A100 queries.

For future reference, there is a thread for each UK med school and their courses. Here is in the index: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6410398

Post originally created by ecolier.

Mine was in my spam, check your spam too.
Reply 193
Has anybody had problems with the MyNottingham portal? I clicked on the link, and it does find my details, but it won't let me change my password (the screen comes up, I put in a new password and a hint, but the screen freezes and won't accept it), and it doesn't actually tell me what my username and old password is, it is just a link from the email.

Yes, still waiting.
I still haven’t had an acknowledgment from Nottingham but I have a question to ask those who have. Have they asked you to upload evidence of your work experience?
Original post by MissHavisham2
I still haven’t had an acknowledgment from Nottingham but I have a question to ask those who have. Have they asked you to upload evidence of your work experience?

I've had an acknowledgement and no I haven't been asked to upload evidence of work experience
Original post by mwindram
I've had an acknowledgement and no I haven't been asked to upload evidence of work experience

Has anyone done this before?
Original post by SAK1
Has anyone done this before?

Last year when I applied and received my acknowledgement I was asked to upload evidence of work experience which were references from the places I had work experience from and the community hospital I volunteered at. It maybe that due to Covid the Uni won't ask for this this year or, as there has been online work experience available they could ask to see evidence of this (if anyone did this were you issued with evidence at the end).
I knew they’d asked in previous years for evidence, and it still states on the website for this year’s applications that they will ask for this evidence.

They may not actually be asking for it though due to Covid.

Thanks for clarifying you haven’t been asked. :smile:

Latest