The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WTSBLG
i think they could definitely throw in some questions about motivation and things you might have prepared but since it's panel, it would probably surround scenarios (i.e. what would you do in this situation and why?) and a role play where you have to solve an ethical dilemma. i hope this helps! there are threads on the TSR where you can practice answering interview questions and get feedback so you could check that out

thank you!!
Original post by DR2002
Hi First Year Med student here.
Youre quite right it is mainly lecture based with themed weeks, for example one week is the nervous system, the other metabolism. Full body dissection begins early January and the relevant anatomy is taught alongside this. We also have seminars (small group discussions) on topics such as ethics. At present Nottinghams having to adapt their teaching in line with Covid, however the quality of teaching has been brilliant so far (but like almost all universities it is mainly online at the moment). Hope this helps :smile:

Thank you so much! My interview is in a few hours and it’s nice to get confirmation on the course from a current student! How have you found the medicine workload?
Hey guys I was just wondering if anyone could help me out. I have an interview with Nottingham but I am really confused about the course structure. there seem to be two courses, medicine and lincoln and medicine at Nottingham- have people specifically applied to certain course because I don't remember specifying anything? and then on some websites it says Nottingham is clinical based with early clinical experience, whereas on others it says it has a more traditional course structure with early years spent in lectures and later years on clinical placements? I'm just really confused!
Thank you!
Original post by rainbowhorse2003
Thank you so much! My interview is in a few hours and it’s nice to get confirmation on the course from a current student! How have you found the medicine workload?

Hi Good Luck in your interview today!
To be honest the workload is pretty balanced. You may have lectures all day one day and then only one lecture the next day. There's a lot of content to learn, but as long as you stay on top of it and get into a good routine then you'll have plenty of time to enjoy uni life. Every 2 months or so we have formative exams (mocks) on the areas we've most recently covered and these are a great way of understanding what it is you need to recap in preparation for your main exam.
Original post by DR2002
Hi Good Luck in your interview today!
To be honest the workload is pretty balanced. You may have lectures all day one day and then only one lecture the next day. There's a lot of content to learn, but as long as you stay on top of it and get into a good routine then you'll have plenty of time to enjoy uni life. Every 2 months or so we have formative exams (mocks) on the areas we've most recently covered and these are a great way of understanding what it is you need to recap in preparation for your main exam.

Hey, I just wanted to know if all the MedSoc societies are still on? Do you guys have virtual events now?
Hello! I have an interview soon, are we allowed to use a digital timer in the interview?? Is there any indication of timing given for each question??
Original post by moomaa4
Hello! I have an interview soon, are we allowed to use a digital timer in the interview?? Is there any indication of timing given for each question??

I’m not sure if digital timers are allowed or not, but during my briefing session they did recommend an analog watch or a timing device but not a phone. Also they said we would have 5 minutes per scenario :smile:
So are they going to stick to four scenarios or do you think they’ll be general qs too?
Hello I have a question to those who have already done the interviews. Was it enough by showing your passport/ID to the camera for identification before the interview? Or did you need to prepare a copy of your passport in a paper form?:s-smilie:
Original post by Kate234577
Hey, I just wanted to know if all the MedSoc societies are still on? Do you guys have virtual events now?

Hi, yes the Medsoc societies are still running but due to Covid all events are online at present. For example, we have a talk on pre-hospital cardiac arrests this Friday. We also have a Medic parent scheme which is run by the Medsoc where each Yr1 medic is assigned a Yr2 student who supports and gives advice. We did have a Christmas Quiz with our medic family over teams which was good, but hopefully as the vaccine is rolled out and we begin to return to normal we can start to have in-person social events which will be even better.
Original post by DR2002
Hi, yes the Medsoc societies are still running but due to Covid all events are online at present. For example, we have a talk on pre-hospital cardiac arrests this Friday. We also have a Medic parent scheme which is run by the Medsoc where each Yr1 medic is assigned a Yr2 student who supports and gives advice. We did have a Christmas Quiz with our medic family over teams which was good, but hopefully as the vaccine is rolled out and we begin to return to normal we can start to have in-person social events which will be even better.

That’s really nice, thank you!
Original post by dontorka
Hello I have a question to those who have already done the interviews. Was it enough by showing your passport/ID to the camera for identification before the interview? Or did you need to prepare a copy of your passport in a paper form?:s-smilie:

It was enough to just show your passport/ID :smile:
Original post by dontorka

For me, it was enough just to have the passport but I did need to hold it quite close to the webcam. But if you want to be safe, just prepare a paper copy.

Ohh thank you so much I was stressing out for a while haha

I hope your interview went well! I have mine tomorrow and I am very stressed 😂
Can someone please explain the interview format for 2021? what are the topics generally asked in a Nottingham interview? Thanks.
Original post by triri098
Can someone please explain the interview format for 2021? what are the topics generally asked in a Nottingham interview? Thanks.

All the information is provided in a briefing document sent when you get an interview and the on-line briefing.
I just had my interview and I have no idea if it went well or not, I feel like it was okay? But I’m now worrying that I haven’t done enough if it just went okay. Is it normal for first time applicants to be unsure how an interview went?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Charlotteparvi
I just had my interview and I have no idea if it went well or not, I feel like it was okay? But I’m now worrying that I haven’t done enough if it just went okay. Is it normal for first time applicants to be unsure how an interview went?

this was me yesterday!! I didn’t know how to feel after my interview lol
(edited 3 years ago)
this was me yesterday!! I didn’t know how to feel after my interview lol

I have no gage at all of how it went, at least it’s not just me lol. Hopefully both of ours went well?

Latest