The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hi guys, I’m also on the reserves list 107.
Got 112/135. Missed the cut off by one mark and been placed on the waiting list.RIP.
(edited 3 years ago)
I’m also on the reserves with 111/135
I just missed the offer cut off got 112/135 so what does that mean now?
Original post by MONKEY031202
Guys I'm gutted just got the email.Got 112/135. Missed the cut off by one mark and been placed on the waiting list.RIP.

I'm sorry to hear that :frown: Best of luck with your other med schools. When did you have your interview?
Original post by hehe_x
I'm sorry to hear that :frown: Best of luck with your other med schools. When did you have your interview?

28th
i got on a waiting list. Do you know how many students get offered from the waiting list?
I’m also on the reserves list 108
Does anyone know what the reserve list actually means and how it works??

Is there any hope for those that are on it. Got 111/113 absolutely gutted tbh. Just praying that there's some hope for people in the same boat as me.
Did you guys all get the email jsut now or ten mins before ?? Tryna work stuff out LOL
(edited 3 years ago)
Really feel for folk who have missed out by just 1 or 2 points but I reckon chances of a space are pretty high. For sure there will be a few people with offers that go elsewhere. Fingers crossed you get a place, just means a bit more waiting and uncertainty.

For those of us who haven't heard anything I'm clinging to the hope that no news is good news. And going to try and step away from the computer for a few hours :s-smilie:
Original post by medicinelovr1234
Does anyone know what the reserve list actually means and how it works??

Is there any hope for those that are on it. Got 111/113 absolutely gutted tbh. Just praying that there's some hope for people in the same boat as me.

I think it’s if people turn down their offers then they start giving offers to people on the waitlist if they have the space. I also got 111 and I’m really upset tbh Plymouth is my favourite med school
Original post by hsand01
I just got a rejection email from plymouth. the threshold score was 113/135 i got 110. Absolutely gutted :/

Hey r u sure it's a rejection? I got 102 and tbey said they put me on the reserve list
Original post by Siva1234
If you get rejected can you do bio med them transfer to medicine after 1 or 2 yeats

This route is not recommended.

These "transfer" courses are a gimmick in my opinion - the numbers are very low and most students will want those precious few spots to transfer. You are also paying £9250 for the possibility and (most importantly) you are limited to one medical school.

Your plan (if you have 4 rejections) should be:
(1) reject any alternative offers e.g. biomed / biochem / neuroscience etc.
(2) try for medicine via UCAS Extra / Clearing - you are only eligible if you don't have an offer from elsewhere
(3) if all else fails, take a gap year and reapply to standard undergrad medicine 2022.

One should never take a degree with the sole aim to do graduate entry medicine because it'll take longer, cost more and (most importantly) will be much more competitive.

Post originally created by ecolier.
ahh i only list saw the email. got 111 so i’m on the reserve list ://
Original post by Parisa2003
ahh i only list saw the email. got 111 so i’m on the reserve list ://

I’m so sorry to hear - good luck with your other options :smile: did you get sent the email just now ?
Absolutely gutted :frown: got 114/135 and threshold for international students was 115. Not feeling too confident about being in reserve, genuinely thought my plymouth interview went the best out of all the ones I had
Original post by phoenix_282_
I’m so sorry to hear - good luck with your other options :smile: did you get sent the email just now ?

no i got it at 9.10 but i only just saw it haha. and thanks
Original post by Alierce
Absolutely gutted :frown: got 114/135 and threshold for international students was 115. Not feeling too confident about being in reserve, genuinely thought my plymouth interview went the best out of all the ones I had

me too. I thought I did really well.
Got put on reserve with 107, I thought my interview was decent :/

Latest

Trending

Trending