The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TBMFC
Yes sorry i realised after i posted , but couldn’t figure out how to change it 😂🤦*♀️

It’s cool easy mistake 😂😂😂
i didnt apply to Sheffield but wait do Sheffield give you the interview questions beforehand??? how tf is that fair
Original post by dank092002
i didnt apply to Sheffield but wait do Sheffield give you the interview questions beforehand??? how tf is that fair

Well it's fair because everyone is given the questions so we're all technically in the same boat
Reply 383
Don’t get hung up on the twenty questions one. My daughter did 3 rounds in the 8 mins. Got first one quickly then had a v difficult one that she didn’t get and then almost got to the third answer but ran out of time. It’s not about getting the answer correct, it’s about logical thought processes. She did receive an offer post interview.
Original post by dank092002

Supposedly the logic is that affluent backgrounds/schools can give interview prep, so by releasing the questions they are levelling the playing field.

Only takes a couple admissions cycles before the private schools are able to give even more tailored prep though, in my view.
Original post by jpw66
Don’t get hung up on the twenty questions one. My daughter did 3 rounds in the 8 mins. Got first one quickly then had a v difficult one that she didn’t get and then almost got to the third answer but ran out of time. It’s not about getting the answer correct, it’s about logical thought processes. She did receive an offer post interview.

I agree, but to point out: Won't be 8 mins this time. Less.
Interview on the 17th of December, seems like a popular choice :smile: !!
Original post by lfc_annie
What are we meant to do for Question 2 if we have no work experience in a clinical setting? I had some planned it but it was cancelled. I assume we can say something like 'I saw a case in a video' or 'A case I read in an article/journal caught my eye and I researched further' but it's a bit more awkward

Have you done any work/work experience in a clinical setting e.g. pharmacy or opticians or dentist. Remember it doesn't have to be in a hospital or GP practice
Original post by AelinGalanythius
Have you done any work/work experience in a clinical setting e.g. pharmacy or opticians or dentist. Remember it doesn't have to be in a hospital or GP practice

I have had work experience in a general practice but it was more administrative and not clinical, I have done research into cases I’ve seen just browsing the internet and watching documentaries but nothing from real life. The closest I have really is family experience but I don’t really like referencing them in stuff like this tbh
Original post by lfc_annie
I have had work experience in a general practice but it was more administrative and not clinical, I have done research into cases I’ve seen just browsing the internet and watching documentaries but nothing from real life. The closest I have really is family experience but I don’t really like referencing them in stuff like this tbh

Virtual work experiences like Observe GP and the Brighton Sussex one have a lot of interesting cases on there :smile:
Original post by cupcake2012
Virtual work experiences like Observe GP and the Brighton Sussex one have a lot of interesting cases on there :smile:

Thanks bro, honestly got a plethora of everything other than real patient contact cause of the bloody pandemic. My work experience was week beg 16th March rip
Yeah I was worried about q2 as well, I thought they wouldn't be as fixed on it considering how little has been going on in the past 6 months. Anyways, we move :P might email them and ask if online stuff would count?
Original post by tipexmaster25
Yeah I was worried about q2 as well, I thought they wouldn't be as fixed on it considering how little has been going on in the past 6 months. Anyways, we move :P might email them and ask if online stuff would count?

why would it not count? I think we all need to relax a little (easier said than done I know!), they obviously know we've struggled to access experience unlike other year groups and will just want us to draw on what we can and hopefully show that you've done something with your time towards your future degree :smile:
Original post by bekkarichards
why would it not count? I think we all need to relax a little (easier said than done I know!), they obviously know we've struggled to access experience unlike other year groups and will just want us to draw on what we can and hopefully show that you've done something with your time towards your future degree :smile:

Yeah you're right :smile: at the end of the day, the majority of us will be in the same boat (and since there's multiple questions, it's only one question which will be affected). I was hoping for a bit more clarity in their email like 'if you haven't got this, we understand' but I guess not lol! Well- they can like me or leave me :wink:
How many offers are sent 600?
I didn’t get the 20 questions answer in my Sheffield interview, and I still got an offer. It’s the thought processes and deductions they’re looking for, not ‘watermelon’ or ‘electric guitar’ or ‘corgi’. Also it’s just one question, I know I completely stuffed up one of the other questions and didn’t get the 20Q one, so I must have done enough in the rest to get the offer.

I insured Sheffield but got the grades for my firm and am now a second year. Good luck all x
Original post by AnnaBananana
I didn’t get the 20 questions answer in my Sheffield interview, and I still got an offer. It’s the thought processes and deductions they’re looking for, not ‘watermelon’ or ‘electric guitar’ or ‘corgi’. Also it’s just one question, I know I completely stuffed up one of the other questions and didn’t get the 20Q one, so I must have done enough in the rest to get the offer.

I insured Sheffield but got the grades for my firm and am now a second year. Good luck all x

Congratulations 🥳 hope you’re enjoying your current uni
booked my interview for 3rd Feb. Good luck everyone xx
Original post by Ensoetre
Congratulations 🥳 hope you’re enjoying your current uni

Very much thank you, I’m at ICSM
how are u all preparing. interview courses are really expensive :frown:
Original post by yomedicgirl
how are u all preparing. interview courses are really expensive :frown:

It sounds silly but generally try to feel more confident in yourself and trust what you're saying, if you constantly overthink and stress over what you're saying it will make everything much harder than it needs to be, plus if you come across as natural and confident in yourself when answering it makes your answers sound less rehearsed while also more assuring that you know what you're talking about

Latest

Trending

Trending