The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by funkycredentials
does anyone know when we are expected to hear back w an offer or rejection?

There is a timeline on their website, and they will update when they know more specifics, I suspect
Reply 581

March I think they will update the website with a specific date closer to the time but rejections will be 2-3 after offers
Hi guys, do you think it’s a problem if you feel that some of your answers may be 4 minutes long, rather than 3? I’m only asking because with some questions I feel like I can talk more about them.
Reply 583
Original post by medic1023
Hi guys, do you think it’s a problem if you feel that some of your answers may be 4 minutes long, rather than 3? I’m only asking because with some questions I feel like I can talk more about them.

No not a problem they were not strict on timing they will ask follow up questions etc it’s more conversational than formal

March
This wait is so painful
Reply 586
Original post by liwri98
This wait is so painful

I know 😔 hopefully we will find out a specific day closer to the time
Original post by ng11
I know 😔 hopefully we will find out a specific day closer to the time

Me too. Does anyone know how they’re going to deal with the whole A Level results situation?
Reply 588
Original post by liwri98
Me too. Does anyone know how they’re going to deal with the whole A Level results situation?

It really sucks bad and from what I have seen, there are sixth forms (including mine) where they think throwing full a level papers in Jan/Feb time is a good idea. Many classmates cheat for the in-class papers so I don't even want to imagine the results for those.

Revising as if every test is the real one is my approach although I should avoid burn-out (throw-back to BMAT).

If I manage to get an offer from Sheffield, I guess that'll reduce the burden (ABB offer because of RO),but I want to get the best results I can, hopefully not dictated by the level some of my classmates are willing to cheat.
Reply 589
Original post by ng11
No not a problem they were not strict on timing they will ask follow up questions etc it’s more conversational than formal

Remember anything about how the timings were for your base answers? Thanks for the reassurance regardless.
Reply 590
Original post by Da14a
Remember anything about how the timings were for your base answers? Thanks for the reassurance regardless.

Ngl I didn’t time any of my answers before and I didn’t plan them exactly I more just researched the answers I never wrote a model answer then remembered it and timed it, they do ask follow up questions so try and gather as much info as possible and think about it as you know the questions beforehand it’s not gonna be adequate to not of thought about it but at the same time don’t stress too much about timings and the perfect answer
Reply 591
Original post by Da14a
It really sucks bad and from what I have seen, there are sixth forms (including mine) where they think throwing full a level papers in Jan/Feb time is a good idea. Many classmates cheat for the in-class papers so I don't even want to imagine the results for those.

Revising as if every test is the real one is my approach although I should avoid burn-out (throw-back to BMAT).

If I manage to get an offer from Sheffield, I guess that'll reduce the burden (ABB offer because of RO),but I want to get the best results I can, hopefully not dictated by the level some of my classmates are willing to cheat.

If I recall at the open day they said last year they were able to gives places to those who had and met offers even after u turn by increasing cohort size so no more than normal were deffered to this year that was cause the government removed the cap so unsure as to this year
Reply 592
Original post by ng11
Ngl I didn’t time any of my answers before and I didn’t plan them exactly I more just researched the answers I never wrote a model answer then remembered it and timed it, they do ask follow up questions so try and gather as much info as possible and think about it as you know the questions beforehand it’s not gonna be adequate to not of thought about it but at the same time don’t stress too much about timings and the perfect answer

That is great to hear because I don't want to memorise answers for my interview next week (sounding rehearsed is obvious, even more so for me) and was wondering whether there was a time I should aim for. Thanks for the reassurance.
@Da14aThis was an issue that I had. It was so so hard not to sound rehearsed when they literally give you the questions. I remember just having main points I wanted to cover and go from there. Probably waffled abit but I suppose that happens when naturally answering questions.
Must be tedious for those interviewing listening to the same thing over and over again too.
Original post by Raffity
Must be tedious for those interviewing listening to the same thing over and over again too.

Imagine what it was like when it was MMIs...

Most interviewers don't do many sessions each. Maybe there's a reason :biggrin:

Original post by nexttime

Original post by Raffity

Original post by GANFYD

I thought I was going crazy...was actually thinking ‘are these guys mad, they literally JUST said this...’.

I’m going to sleep.
Original post by lucygb
I thought I was going crazy...was actually thinking ‘are these guys mad, they literally JUST said this...’.

I’m going to sleep.

I decided it was just about reproducing the MMI experience? :biggrin:

Night

Latest

Trending

Trending