The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by j5994
nothin :frown: - anyone hear anything?

naw nothing here either! probs monday i guess
Reply 981
Nope no update it seems, I think the website meant that they are sending offers from Monday
Original post by ng11
Nope no update it seems, I think the website meant that they are sending offers from Monday

Gonna be a long weekend 🥴
Reply 983
Original post by Laboromniavincit
Gonna be a long weekend 🥴

Yep 😓
Original post by stormylolol
naw nothing here either! probs monday i guess

Nope nothing here either - going to try and put it out of my mind over the weekend!
Original post by medicineeverest
Nope nothing here either - going to try and put it out of my mind over the weekend!

I just found out that glasgow are sending their offers out starting from today - that means next week is guaranteed sheffield response, newcastle AND glasgow... :frown: i may not survive this weekend lol
Where can I find updates on what's happening?
Original post by DeninMathew
Where can I find updates on what's happening?

https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/medicine/undergraduate/medicine-admissions#C

I might just be utterly dense but I still can’t find the update. Could you please elaborate on where it is? Which section? I keep checking the Stage 3 description but I still can’t see it :frown:
Original post by aishwaryajain
I might just be utterly dense but I still can’t find the update. Could you please elaborate on where it is? Which section? I keep checking the Stage 3 description but I still can’t see it :frown:

its on the timeline bit about 1/3 down with a big heading "What happens to your application?", first dropdown section
Original post by stormylolol
its on the timeline bit about 1/3 down with a big heading "What happens to your application?", first dropdown section

Thank you!
I was rejected post-interview from Sheffield today, my 3rd rejection. My Sheffield interview went so well, I answered everything to a full extent as best as I could, handled the questions amazingly, and have still been rejected and put onto a 'reserve list'. Thought they would have more compassion and at the least give me an opportunity since my interview went so well. No feedback or comments or anything. I also come from a low income background, first in family to attend university and so I thought they would at least care or give me some extra consideration. Evidently they don't.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Joshoandnjs4
I was rejected post-interview from Sheffield today, my 3rd rejection. My Sheffield interview went so well, I answered everything to a full extent as best as I could, handled the questions amazingly, and have still been rejected and put onto a 'reserve list'. Thought they would have more compassion and at the least give me an opportunity since my interview went so well. No feedback or comments or anything. I also come from a low income background so I thought they would at least care. Evidently they don't.

So sorry to hear. Hopefully, hopefully, hopefully your 4th choice might come through as an offer. You only need one. Fingers crossed...
Original post by jackfruit123
So sorry to hear. Hopefully, hopefully, hopefully your 4th choice might come through as an offer. You only need one. Fingers crossed...

Appreciate your kind words Jack. I'm praying. My future depends on it.
I was rejected post-interview from Sheffield today, my 3rd rejection. My Sheffield interview went so well, I answered everything to a full extent as best as I could, handled the questions amazingly, and have still been rejected and put onto a 'reserve list'. Thought they would have more compassion and at the least give me an opportunity since my interview went so well. No feedback or comments or anything. I also come from a low income background, first in family to attend university and so I thought they would at least care or give me some extra consideration. Evidently they don't.

Sorry to hear about your rejection :frown:
You could try emailing Sheffield for more feedback :smile:
Reply 995

Sorry to hear that mate. From what I've read the reserve list is almost an offer anyway and if you don't have any offers by A level results day then you are more likely than not to be given an offer on the day.

And failing that, take it from my perspective - I'm a graduate who always knew he wanted to do medicine but didn't get in first time round so did another degree. I'm a lot older, 23 now. If all goes bad, you would still be 4 years ahead of me career wise. You're gonna be fine, don't let it get you down.

And crucially, email them asking for feedback.

Two thirds of people get no offers, you are far from alone.

The interviewers do make comments - you might have to request feedback to get access to them though.
Original post by j5994
Sorry to hear that mate. From what I've read the reserve list is almost an offer anyway and if you don't have any offers by A level results day then you are more likely than not to be given an offer on the day.

And failing that, take it from my perspective - I'm a graduate who always knew he wanted to do medicine but didn't get in first time round so did another degree. I'm a lot older, 23 now. If all goes bad, you would still be 4 years ahead of me career wise. You're gonna be fine, don't let it get you down.

And crucially, email them asking for feedback.

Where did you find that information about the reserve list offer rate?
Original post by j5994

Anything that happens on results day is a lot more competitive than normal so you're more than likely not going to get an offer and will have to reapply

what time did you receive the email?

Latest

Trending

Trending