The Student Room Group

St George's, University of London A100 2021 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Beeblets
Hi guys, I still haven't received my acknowledgement email.. I have for the other unis I applied to, should I just wait it out or contact them?

Yeah I haven't received mine either
Original post by Beeblets
Checked junk, not there. I applied on 14th.. Weird though that the other unis have emailed and not St Georges. I mean, I'm not too concerned, it's all OK on track etc but maybe I should be a little haha

Nah, nothing to be worried about. They'll email soon
Hey all,

Try not to stress too much about the interviews - realistically it's a while before most will have them, and I promise filming yourself for your interview isn't too bad! Take some time to look through the questions and then go into answering, and leave plenty of time to upload it because it's a long file so can take a while. As far as I know, you shouldn't be using notes etc so nobody should have an advantage over anybody else. George's is just trying to do their best to make the interview process as safe and fair as possible for everybody :smile: Best of luck to you all!

Lauren
3rd Year Biomedical Science Student
SGUL Official Rep
Original post by St George's, University of London
Hey all,

Try not to stress too much about the interviews - realistically it's a while before most will have them, and I promise filming yourself for your interview isn't too bad! Take some time to look through the questions and then go into answering, and leave plenty of time to upload it because it's a long file so can take a while. As far as I know, you shouldn't be using notes etc so nobody should have an advantage over anybody else. George's is just trying to do their best to make the interview process as safe and fair as possible for everybody :smile: Best of luck to you all!

Lauren
SGUL Official Rep

Thanks for your advice. Had a query when are interviews generally conducted at sgul and when will the result of the interview be given. Also when will they inform us whether or not we have received an interview.

Thanks
How much time do we have between receiving the questions and to record as well as upload?
Original post by Farhan2003
Thanks for your advice. Had a query when are interviews generally conducted at sgul and when will the result of the interview be given. Also when will they inform us whether or not we have received an interview.

Thanks

Hi there @Farhan2003,

So I don't know that it'll definitely work like this this year, but in previous years, interviews are given out from November to March (occasionally into April). There's no standard timescale on the result of the interview - some people hear a couple days after, other people don't hear for a few weeks - but neither timescale is more likely to get an offer. Generally, interviews/rejections and offers go out in batches, so you'll have a little group of people who all hear on the same day - but don't panic if you're seeing people get interviews and offers in Nov and Dec and you've not yet heard - you're not less likely to be successful if you hear later. Hope that helps!

Lauren
SGUL Official Rep
Original post by CynicalHair
How much time do we have between receiving the questions and to record as well as upload?

Hi @CynicalHair

So again, this could change in this round of interviews, but for people who had interviews in clearing, it was 3 hours.

Best wishes,
Lauren
SGUL Official Rep
Hi there @Farhan2003,

So I don't know that it'll definitely work like this this year, but in previous years, interviews are given out from November to March (occasionally into April). There's no standard timescale on the result of the interview - some people hear a couple days after, other people don't hear for a few weeks - but neither timescale is more likely to get an offer. Generally, interviews/rejections and offers go out in batches, so you'll have a little group of people who all hear on the same day - but don't panic if you're seeing people get interviews and offers in Nov and Dec and you've not yet heard - you're not less likely to be successful if you hear later. Hope that helps!

Lauren
SGUL Official Rep

Thanks a lot!!!
Hey all,

Lauren
SGUL Official Rep

oh wow, this is news to me omg! I thought all interviews would be live...
I received an email today University of Nicosia Medical School asking for predicted grades. I did not apply to this just to St. George’s. Do they send all applicants this email about those overseas course?
Hi guys, what do you think the UCAT cut off will be for St Georges? :smile:
Original post by jello0612
Hi guys, what do you think the UCAT cut off will be for St Georges? :smile:

Imo itll probably be higher compared to last year, im guessing 2500
Original post by iteeswhatitees
Imo itll probably be higher compared to last year, im guessing 2500

whatever it will be, we cant control it, you could say 'It izzz what it izzzz' :biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by rahulkota1
whatever it will be, we cant control it, you could say 'It izzz what it izzzz' :biggrin::biggrin:

yes sirrrr
Hi everyone! Found this on SGUL's website this morning - is the average for 2020 for 2021 entry do you think? (I don't want to get unnecessarily excited, they might have tricked me for 2020 entry...)
Original post by elerhi12
Hi everyone! Found this on SGUL's website this morning - is the average for 2020 for 2021 entry do you think? (I don't want to get unnecessarily excited, they might have tricked me for 2020 entry...)

Hi. sorry to to tell you but this was for last year. They have not put the requirement for this year yet. The UCAT results were only sent off to Uni's today.
Original post by Drexler13
Hi. sorry to to tell you but this was for last year. They have not put the requirement for this year yet. The UCAT results were only sent off to Uni's today.

Thank you, I thought that might be the case but wanted to check :smile:

hello does anyone know if cut offs are released during the admissions-cycle or after the admissions cycle ends?
Original post by yums_96
hello does anyone know if cut offs are released during the admissions-cycle or after the admissions cycle ends?

Last year they released it towards the end of the interview season
Last year they released it towards the end of the interview season

I guess it is of no use to me after the interview season haha, but thank u

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending