The Student Room Group

St George's, University of London A100 2021 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bradleywv1
So if the cut off this year is 2470 for example, and i get 2570, i would be invited to interview, if i meet the minimum academic requirements?

Have a read of last year's thread (https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6022688). It's an excellent resource.

This is what the SGUL rep said last year:

Hi!

GCSEs:
Your GCSEs sound like they meet their 2020 entry requirements of 5 subjects at Grade 6 or Grade B and above, including a Grade 6 or B in English Language, Maths and Science (Double or Triple Award).

UKCAT:
For your UKCAT, did you receive a minimum of 500 in each section?
St George's require a minimum of 500 in each section, as well as meeting an overall UKCAT cut-off score in order to be invited to interview.

St George's releases what their minimum UKCAT cut-off score was for that year a few months after the UCAS October 15th deadline.
A good way of estimating what the minimum cut-off score might be is to look at St George's minimum cut-off in previous years: the minimum required for interview was 2490 for 2019 entry.
They have previous years' minimum scores at https://www.sgul.ac.uk/study/courses/medicine#entry-criteria under the UKCAT section.

A Levels:
Your A Level subjects are acceptable.

The great news is that George's invites everyone who meets their minimum academic requirements to an interview.

Your GCSE grades and A Level subjects sound like they meet the requirements.
The only other requirements that you personally need to meet are:
1. your UKCAT needs to be over 500 in each section, and your score needs to meet the overall cut-off when it is released
2. make sure you've read through the Entry Criteria on the website to ensure that there is nothing else that applies to you (in particular the 'Exceptions' tab and the 'English language' tab for people whose first language is not English) at sgul.ac.uk/study/courses/medicine#entry-criteria

As long as you have met those minimum academic requirements, you'll receive an interview!

As for when you will hear back about whether you have received an interview, St George's will let applicants know whether they have received an interview from November/December onwards.

If you have any other questions, do get back in touch with me or make an enquiry at https://www.sgul.ac.uk/study/contact-us

Hope that helps!

Millie (4th year medical student, official rep of St George's University of London)

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 3 years ago)
Thanks this was really helpful!
Reply 22
So i'm going to be doing maths and chemistry a level in October as I got an A in biology from the calculated grades. You know when the universities say all exams must be done in one sitting, does this mean I have to do all 3 of my exams again?
Reply 23
Original post by St George's, University of London
Hi @vk0109

Sorry to hear you aren't happy with your results. Unfortunately the UCAT cut off changes every year, so nobody can tell you if you definitely have a chance. The best thing to do is to look at cutoffs for previous years to judge how likely it is that you'll meet it.

Best Wishes,
Lauren
3rd Year Biomedical Science Student
SGUL Official Rep

Hi Lauren
Thank you very much for your reply, I will have a look at it as you said!
Thank you once again!
Hi i got a 5 in chemistry but a 6 for physics and biology (triple science) for gcses, are my chances of getting into SGU ruined?
Original post by MomoAlas
Applying with a 2.1 degree, 647.5 average UCAT and spending this year working as HCA in a hospital. Willing to chat with anyone especially grads

Same as you. 2.1 degree but I got 633 in my UCAT. From reading this thread it seems that as long as we meet the threshold we will be invited for interview? Last years threshold was 2480 which means we were above the threshold for last years entry! Hopefully it stays low
Original post by Dombywomby
Same as you. 2.1 degree but I got 633 in my UCAT. From reading this thread it seems that as long as we meet the threshold we will be invited for interview? Last years threshold was 2480 which means we were above the threshold for last years entry! Hopefully it stays low

Yeah seems that way.
I also hope it stays low this year. There was a time where it was 2590 which was 60th percntile, i think 2018? I also noticed they usually choose either the 50th or 60th percentile as cut offs for the previous 3 years.

For the last two years in a row it was 50th percentile. Really hope it stays that way, at least this for this year 🙏
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Nnnnnngg
I also hope it stays low this year. There was a time where it was 2590 which was 60th percntile, i think 2018? I also noticed they usually choose either the 50th or 60th percentile as cut offs for the previous 3 years.

For the last two years in a row it was 50th percentile. Really hope it stays that way, at least this for this year 🙏

How did you do in the UCAT this year? Last year cut off was 2480 so hopefully stays low like that 🙏🏽
hey i got a 2690 Band 2, the cut off score would usually be lower than this right? i cud possibly be called for an interview right?
Can you apply if you're about to enter 3rd year on a biomed course, or do you have to have completed the course?
Is 2750 band 1 on the UCAT good enough to get into St. George's? I am predicted 3 A*s at A level and achieved 9 A*s + 1A at GCSE. Thanks
Can anyone who goes to SGUL for medicine possibly give a pros and cons list? Thank you in advance!
Hi, do you know if I can get an interview at St Georges with these stats:
9 - Maths
9 - English literature
9 - English Language
9 - Religious studies
8 - Physics
8 - Chemistry
8 - Drama
7 - Geography
7 - Biology
6 - French

Predictions for A level:
A* in Maths A* in Chemistry A* in Biology

UCAT score: 2770 ( avg 693) Band 2
Vr: 540 Dm: 640 Qr: 720 Ar: 870

Work experience: Only the Virtual work experience
No contextual background information
Original post by Saahi25453
Hi, do you know if I can get an interview at St Georges with these stats:
9 - Maths
9 - English literature
9 - English Language
9 - Religious studies
8 - Physics
8 - Chemistry
8 - Drama
7 - Geography
7 - Biology
6 - French

Predictions for A level:
A* in Maths A* in Chemistry A* in Biology

UCAT score: 2770 ( avg 693) Band 2
Vr: 540 Dm: 640 Qr: 720 Ar: 870

Work experience: Only the Virtual work experience
No contextual background information

Have you researched Unis? St. george’s ranks applicants off ucat score and yours will for sure be above the threshold. you meet the minimum academic requirements so you should be guaranteed an interview!
Hi, the website states that AAA is the standard offer. However, in which situations would A*AA be the offer given to successful candidates? I really want the offer to be AAA if that isn’t clear. Thank you
Reply 36
Original post by St George's, University of London
Hi @vk0109

Sorry to hear you aren't happy with your results. Unfortunately the UCAT cut off changes every year, so nobody can tell you if you definitely have a chance. The best thing to do is to look at cutoffs for previous years to judge how likely it is that you'll meet it.

Best Wishes,
Lauren
3rd Year Biomedical Science Student
SGUL Official Rep

if i got 630 in my ucat 2540 total and band 1 situational judgement should i apply
Should i apply to st george's with a ucat score of 670?
Original post by keeno25
Should i apply to st george's with a ucat score of 670?

looking at previous cut-off scores, i’d say yes
Would it be a good idea if I applied here with a score of 2460 band 2?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending