The Student Room Group

St George's, University of London A100 2021 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ilov3chips
Guys does anyone know when the 2021 entry widening participation criteria will be out? It’s almost the deadline and I want to know if I’m applicable because my grades are ABB.

Guys anyone know?
Original post by emma5528
Hi, the website states that AAA is the standard offer. However, in which situations would A*AA be the offer given to successful candidates? I really want the offer to be AAA if that isn’t clear. Thank you

The standard offer is actually A*AA. If you choose St. George’s as your firm choice then the offer is AAA. It’s actually quite misleading on their website
Original post by mrajani2003
These are my stats
UCAT 3020 band 2
A levels prediction AAA*
GCSE 6 A* 2A 2B

Would I get an interview at QM and St George’s ?
What is the interview selection criteria for St George’s ?

Many thanks

I got 2490 Band 2 UCAT with A*A*A predicted and got offers for both St. George’s and Queen Mary’s. Queen Mary’s look at both predicted grades and UCAT equally so you should be fine.
Original post by BlazeHunterz
The standard offer is actually A*AA. If you choose St. George’s as your firm choice then the offer is AAA. It’s actually quite misleading on their website

On their site it says the standard offer is AAA. If i applied with that would I be turned away??
Original post by PB0145
Hi,
For those who got into st Georges medical school or got an offer what UCAT scores did you get and A-level grades did you get/were predicted?
I would love to go there but the requirements on websites seem to vary.

Hi! I am starting SGUL this year and got in with 2640 UCAT and A*A*A in my a levels. I would say as long as you are in the top 40-30% of the ppl sitting UCAT that you will get an interview as this is what they told me when I applied :smile:
Original post by Nnnnnngg
On their site it says the standard offer is AAA. If i applied with that would I be turned away??

You won’t be turned away with AAA predicted but if you get an offer from them after interview it would be for A*AA unless you choose them as firm
Would I have a chance to get an interview with a UCAT score of 2320 b2? if my personal statement is really good, would still have a chance?
Hey, I was wondering if i have a chance of getting an interview at sgul for ug med.
These are my stats:
2630 band 2 UCAT
A* A* A predictions (chem,maths and bio respectively)
99998887766 GCSE's
Are these stats good enough in a general perspective, has it worked in the past???
Original post by zoey101xo
Would I have a chance to get an interview with a UCAT score of 2320 b2? if my personal statement is really good, would still have a chance?

St George’s have a cut off score for every year and every person who is above the cut off score (assuming they meet academic requirements etc) will be invited for an interview.

The cut off score is generally the average UCAT score which for the past two years has been around 2485-2490. Anyone below that score won’t be considered.

I’m not saying you’ll have no chance this year because it depends on how everyone taking the UCAT does in general but if people perform at a similar level to last year then I would not recommend applying to SGUL. If I were you, I would wait for the interim UCAT scores to be released (should be in the next few days) and if it’s around 2540 then people have performed similar to last year. (Interim UCAT scores are generally higher than the final scores).

If you want to know what unis would accept your UCAT score you should look on the ‘Freedom of information’ website because most unis have given data there on the people they have invited to interview/ offered and their UCAT scores.
Original post by iteeswhatitees
Hey, I was wondering if i have a chance of getting an interview at sgul for ug med.
These are my stats:
2630 band 2 UCAT
A* A* A predictions (chem,maths and bio respectively)
99998887766 GCSE's
Are these stats good enough in a general perspective, has it worked in the past???

With stats like those you could get an interview at almost anywhere. Definitely high enough for St George’s.
With stats like those you could get an interview at almost anywhere. Definitely high enough for St George’s.

Thanks, means a lot. I was thinking Barts but the 50/50 system throws me off.
Original post by iteeswhatitees
Thanks, means a lot. I was thinking Barts but the 50/50 system throws me off.

Ima be honest, you have to try! My UCAT was 2490 with the same predicted grades as yours and 6 A* 4 A at GCSE and I got an offer from Barts. I was really sceptical about applying to Barts with such a low UCAT score but I did it and it worked out. Trust me applying to London unis is not as bad as people say... sometimes you have to try for the top unis! I don’t mean apply to Cambridge if you have AAB predicted grades but realistically speaking you don’t need the best UCAT score and all A* to have a chance at some of the top unis as a lot of people make it seem. I mean places like Kings, UCL and Imperial are a bit more harsh when it comes to ucat/BMAT score but Barts deffo take on people with lower UCAT scores (and by lower I mean just above average i.e. 622 average) as long as their grades are a bit higher to compensate (around A*A*A predicted). The stats u mentioned earlier will very likely get you an interview at Barts
Ima be honest, you have to try! My UCAT was 2490 with the same predicted grades as yours and 6 A* 4 A at GCSE and I got an offer from Barts. I was really sceptical about applying to Barts with such a low UCAT score but I did it and it worked out. Trust me applying to London unis is not as bad as people say... sometimes you have to try for the top unis! I don’t mean apply to Cambridge if you have AAB predicted grades but realistically speaking you don’t need the best UCAT score and all A* to have a chance at some of the top unis as a lot of people make it seem. I mean places like Kings, UCL and Imperial are a bit more harsh when it comes to ucat/BMAT score but Barts deffo take on people with lower UCAT scores (and by lower I mean just above average i.e. 622 average) as long as their grades are a bit higher to compensate (around A*A*A predicted). The stats u mentioned earlier will very likely get you an interview at Barts

Thats great to know. You must have done great in your interview at Barts. Please share your experience of interview. How was it? How did you prepare for it? And your work experience etc.
My stats are:
GCSE: 9999999777A
A Levels prediction: A*A*A* EPQ (A) UCAS Tarrif: 210
UCAT: 2710 SJT Band 3
I want to apply for Barts, but bit scpetical. Based on their UCAS 2020 statistics, I may get interview (if they don't look at my SJT Band 3), but not sure if I can clear their interview process. And if they rejcect me even though i do well in interview. If they compare my UCAT score and other aspects (Work experience) with other candidates. I just have 9 months Care home experience. And few days in GP.
Please share your views.
St George’s have a cut off score for every year and every person who is above the cut off score (assuming they meet academic requirements etc) will be invited for an interview.

The cut off score is generally the average UCAT score which for the past two years has been around 2485-2490. Anyone below that score won’t be considered.

I’m not saying you’ll have no chance this year because it depends on how everyone taking the UCAT does in general but if people perform at a similar level to last year then I would not recommend applying to SGUL. If I were you, I would wait for the interim UCAT scores to be released (should be in the next few days) and if it’s around 2540 then people have performed similar to last year. (Interim UCAT scores are generally higher than the final scores).

If you want to know what unis would accept your UCAT score you should look on the ‘Freedom of information’ website because most unis have given data there on the people they have invited to interview/ offered and their UCAT scores.

Oh okay thank you. I thought it was 500 minimum though . But thanks anyways.
Original post by shipguy
Thanks for the reply, is there any other requirements i.e. have to have studied recently etc? From the website I cannot see any other requirements.

SGUL are not replying to my email. Sorry for the extra questions.

Hi @shipguy

Sorry you've had difficulty hearing from SGUL. So I know definitely for the 4 year course - you have to have achieved at least 1 qualification in the last 5 years - and I believe this is for the 5 year too but I'm checking with a colleague so will get back to you with a definite answer.

Best Wishes,
Lauren
3rd Year Biomedical Science Student
SGUL Official Rep
Original post by zoey101xo
Oh okay thank you. I thought it was 500 minimum though . But thanks anyways.

When I say cut off score I mean there is a minimum ‘overall’ score you need which in the past has been 2480 so anyone who has below that score will not be considered for interview. You also need above 500 in each individual section so if you got 480 for example in VR you would not be considered. If you look on the entry criteria on the SGUL website you will see it says “2480 minimum overall UCAT score” so if you have below that overall, you will not be able to apply.
When I say cut off score I mean there is a minimum ‘overall’ score you need which in the past has been 2480 so anyone who has below that score will not be considered for interview. You also need above 500 in each individual section so if you got 480 for example in VR you would not be considered. If you look on the entry criteria on the SGUL website you will see it says “2480 minimum overall UCAT score” so if you have below that overall, you will not be able to apply.

Thanks for the clarification !
Original post by tiwariph
Thats great to know. You must have done great in your interview at Barts. Please share your experience of interview. How was it? How did you prepare for it? And your work experience etc.
My stats are:
GCSE: 9999999777A
A Levels prediction: A*A*A* EPQ (A) UCAS Tarrif: 210
UCAT: 2710 SJT Band 3
I want to apply for Barts, but bit scpetical. Based on their UCAS 2020 statistics, I may get interview (if they don't look at my SJT Band 3), but not sure if I can clear their interview process. And if they rejcect me even though i do well in interview. If they compare my UCAT score and other aspects (Work experience) with other candidates. I just have 9 months Care home experience. And few days in GP.
Please share your views.

I dont think you should worry that much about work experience. Uni's will definitely know that people wouldnt have had the chance to do their clinical work experience (literally what happened to me) let alone carehomes and other stuff which you have done.
Original post by St George's, University of London
Hi @shipguy

Sorry you've had difficulty hearing from SGUL. So I know definitely for the 4 year course - you have to have achieved at least 1 qualification in the last 5 years - and I believe this is for the 5 year too but I'm checking with a colleague so will get back to you with a definite answer.

Best Wishes,
Lauren
SGUL Official Rep

Hi, do you know anything about the widening participation criteria for 2021 entry and when it will be confirmed as the deadline is almost near. Please let me know. Thanks!
Original post by ilov3chips
Hi, do you know anything about the widening participation criteria for 2021 entry and when it will be confirmed as the deadline is almost near. Please let me know. Thanks!

Hi @ilov3chips

So as far as I know they're still deciding - this is from our website: we are currently in the process of reviewing our approach to contextual admissions for undergraduate courses, from 2021 entry onwards. Please email us to register your interest in being notified when our approach for 2021 onwards is confirmed. So if you've not already emailed definitely do that - it should be sent to [email protected]

You can also find out here all the information about how it worked for 2020 entry, what the contextual offers were etc, and which schools were eligible so that can give you some insight as to how it may work - but obviously it's all subject to change given the current situation.

Best Wishes,
Lauren
SGUL Official Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending