The Student Room Group

St George's, University of London A100 2021 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aleehs
anyone? been trying to get in touch with sgul all day and i’m confused about some of it so if anyone has done it as a home student i’d really appreciate your help!

If you’re a home student but have a passport that isn’t a British passport then that’s probably why you got sent a fee assessment form (:
Btw admissions phone lines are open from 10-12pm and 2-4pm only.
Original post by futuremedic31
If you’re a home student but have a passport that isn’t a British passport then that’s probably why you got sent a fee assessment form (:
Btw admissions phone lines are open from 10-12pm and 2-4pm only.

yeah that’s why i’m confused because i do have a british passport! tried calling from 2 to 3 nearly 30 times but they said the phone lines were closed in an automated message even though it also said they’re open 2 to 4 :frown:
No interviews today also??:frown:
Tbh it’s more reassuring to see no interviews sent out today, rather than seeing some being sent out and you’re not one of them again, so let’s wait and see for tomorrow
Original post by Yo...
Tbh it’s more reassuring to see no interviews sent out today, rather than seeing some being sent out and you’re not one of them again, so let’s wait and see for tomorrow

And also thankfully, no trolls today saying they were rejected with a UCAT score of 3200.

Post originally created by ecolier.
Original post by aleehs
yeah that’s why i’m confused because i do have a british passport! tried calling from 2 to 3 nearly 30 times but they said the phone lines were closed in an automated message even though it also said they’re open 2 to 4 :frown:

Just to double check is this the number you were calling because each time I’ve called up they do eventually answer:
+44 20 3897 2222
Have you tried emailing them?
Original post by futuremedic31
Just to double check is this the number you were calling because each time I’ve called up they do eventually answer:
+44 20 3897 2222
Have you tried emailing them?

yeah that’s the one! i emailed them as well but was hoping to get a resolution quicker on the phone. will try again tomorrow!
Original post by Burks97
Are there any grads on here that have received and invite for interviews? If you have would you mind sharing your stats?

Hey!
Achieved A levels: A*A*A
Predicted 2.1 BSc
UCAT: 2870 B1

Hope you hear back soon x
Original post by aleehs

Just upload a scanned copy of your passport and date of entry to England (if you came from a different country)
Original post by aleehs

When I applied for my undergrad on UCAS, I put my ethnicity down on the ‘nationality’ bit so maybe that’s causing some confusion for you too?
Original post by gemuk2021
When I applied for my undergrad on UCAS, I put my ethnicity down on the ‘nationality’ bit so maybe that’s causing some confusion for you too?

yeah i did that too, your meant to put your nationality as British otherwise you'll have to pay international fees. call ucas and get them to fix this and let the unis know too
Original post by gemuk2021

Original post by iqraaaaa
yeah i did that too, your meant to put your nationality as British otherwise you'll have to pay international fees. call ucas and get them to fix this and let the unis know too

i just checked and my nationality is down as uk national so i don’t think that’s the problem ): it might just be because i wasn’t born here but i’m not sure, i fit all the criteria for home student on UKCISA - just want to get it sorted!
Original post by aleehs
i just checked and my nationality is down as uk national so i don’t think that’s the problem ): it might just be because i wasn’t born here but i’m not sure, i fit all the criteria for home student on UKCISA - just want to get it sorted!

oh i see, yeah id say try calling them at different times of the day they will pick up evenutally
Hey I'm a bit confused as to why I haven't been sent a fee assessment form yet, with everyone here saying they have them I'm iffy on why I haven't been sent one yet as I am not a British national but I am valid for home fees but I'd definitely be flagged as someone who needs their fees checking. I've emailed them and I'm calling them when I can (mocks taking up my time rn). Any help is appreciated!
Original post by KoraTheNinja
Hey I'm a bit confused as to why I haven't been sent a fee assessment form yet, with everyone here saying they have them I'm iffy on why I haven't been sent one yet as I am not a British national but I am valid for home fees but I'd definitely be flagged as someone who needs their fees checking. I've emailed them and I'm calling them when I can (mocks taking up my time rn). Any help is appreciated!

Yeah same
To put a bit of context, I was born and lived the first 4 years of my life in a different country before moving to the UK with my parents. I still have a passport from that country, and I think I put down my nationality from that country instead of British on UCAS. I got the fee assessment form and sent it back to them and they replied saying that I would be considered as a home student for fee purposes. I think that's what the confusion was for them. Guys, please be patient, I'm sure they're just working through their random order (like how they've been giving out interview invites!:smile:). It should be the least of your worries - concentrate on interview prep and a levels!! (I know, easier said than done :P)
Guys, in a different thread someone said they got an offer at 16:38. So SGUL must have sent offers today
Original post by 14hasm
Guys, in a different thread someone said they got an offer at 16:38. So SGUL must have sent offers today

That was an offer from Glasgow
do we still think that all invites will be sent by Friday? it's beginning to seem that it may take longer.. :/
Original post by pepsicola11
do we still think that all invites will be sent by Friday? it's beginning to seem that it may take longer.. :/

Same here. especially cos today the portal wasnt working

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending