The Student Room Group

year 12s on year 13 deferral

should year 12’s be pressed about year 13 deferring their uni offers ‘for full uni experience’ to 2021 like i lowkey am annoyed like get over it but not as much as others 🙃
Reply 1
not that many people are actually deferring so you should be fine
most aren't deferring as it isn't going to be too different (if the UK keeps going the way it is) - tho unfortunately we know nothing.

on the other hand- I'm sure more people will defere for fear of uni being crap ( imagine being stuck with the people on your courses, no way to meet new people- like Freshers and restrictions on clubs pubs and work opportunities )
Original post by Anonymous
should year 12’s be pressed about year 13 deferring their uni offers ‘for full uni experience’ to 2021 like i lowkey am annoyed like get over it but not as much as others 🙃

Hi!

I can completely understand how you feel and yes there might be more students applying to your chosen Uni and course than previous years. However, if you really think about it, not everyone is deferring and we aren't sure exactly how many people are yet (I believe many will say they will and will end up not as Uni could go back to normal soon). Therefore, if we can assume that not everyone is differing, then we can also see that there is plenty of Unis and plenty of courses so don't feel under that a whole year of people will be applying to your specific uni and course of choice. Yes, if you are planning on applying to a more competitive Uni or course then this competition may increase but the size is unknown. I know its easier said than done but try not to focus on what you can't control and don't let this get you down :smile:

Erin - Official Student Rep :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest