ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Welcome to the Barts and the London (QMUL) Malta 2021 Entry Discussion.

QMUL Malta 2020 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6030716

For general information click: https://www.qmul.ac.uk/smd/undergraduate/malta/

For entry requirements click: https://www.qmul.ac.uk/smd/undergrad...ne-mbbs-malta/

QMUL Malta medicine 2021 Offer Holders' thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6952422

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!
Last edited by ecolier; 4 months ago
tomorrow67
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I just have a few questions on what happens after completing the 5 years of medical school.
1 Will it be required to write the PLAB test if I'm studying at a Uk medical school outside of the UK and I am a non-EEA student.
2 How easy will it be to get in the NHS after 5 years of a Uk medical school outside the UK
3 (optional) If anyone could let me know how good is the patient-doctor interaction for a 1st-year medical student
Thank you so much in advance
coainecoins
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by tomorrow67)
I just have a few questions on what happens after completing the 5 years of medical school.
1 Will it be required to write the PLAB test if I'm studying at a Uk medical school outside of the UK and I am a non-EEA student.
2 How easy will it be to get in the NHS after 5 years of a Uk medical school outside the UK
3 (optional) If anyone could let me know how good is the patient-doctor interaction for a 1st-year medical student
Thank you so much in advance
Are you applying for Barts Malta this year? I'm also an international student applying for Barts Malta program for 2021 entry
tomorrow67
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes I applied to that University but for the 2020 course
KiaraGandhi
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Hi Guys, I know that QMUL requires a UCAT score of 2281 but do they say anything about the situational judgement band score?
RC101
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hello All,
I was wondering if any student who is studying at Barts and the London in Malta knows if there is a synagogue at Gozo or a Jewish society in the Uni there?
Last edited by RC101; 10 months ago
e5199
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Guys is it quite competitive to get into QMUL Malta medicine??
lil longlegs
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I'm really wanting to study in Malta for 2 reasons. 1 its in a warm place and its kinda not as busy as the UK so I can really focus and 2 my A-levels are not too great to apply in UK as I have widening participation I would be applying to foundation courses which would be 6 years and I really would prefer to study a 5 year course. However my current predictions are BBB would it be okay to apply there? and my UCAT is 2440 sjt band 1.
RC101
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by lil longlegs)
I'm really wanting to study in Malta for 2 reasons. 1 its in a warm place and its kinda not as busy as the UK so I can really focus and 2 my A-levels are not too great to apply in UK as I have widening participation I would be applying to foundation courses which would be 6 years and I really would prefer to study a 5 year course. However my current predictions are BBB would it be okay to apply there? and my UCAT is 2440 sjt band 1.
I think they require AAB (A in Bio or Chem, A in another science and B in another subject) however I recommend you E-mail them.
I also had a few questions for them in the past and they replied to me in less than 24 hours.

I got my information from:
https://www.qmul.ac.uk/malta/admissi...-requirements/
username5368176
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hi i am an international student wanted to know if it is possible to do housemanship in uk after studying at qmul malta
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
(Original post by Farhan2003)
Hi i am an international student wanted to know if it is possible to do housemanship in uk after studying at qmul malta
Remember, researching is a basic skill expected for medical students!

https://www.qmul.ac.uk/malta/malta-m...ndation-years/

As an MBBS Malta graduate, you will be able to apply for a Foundation Doctor position in the UK. The UK Foundation Programme regards all QMUL MBBS graduates as equal, regardless of whether they have been based in London or Malta. QMUL will amalgamate the two lists of students, producing our overall list of graduates for consideration by the UK Foundation Programme. However, the ability to proceed with an application for the UK Foundation Programme depends on an individual’s immigration status and right to work in the UK i.e. his or her eligibility.
Marissa1258
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I'm predicted a 2.1 in Biomedical Science at a UK University and got a UCAT of 2520. Anyone knows what my chances are of getting an offer? (I'm international)
newpotatobeef
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Name:  Screenshot 2020-10-10 at 19.34.50.png
Views: 206
Size:  111.1 KBName:  Screenshot 2020-10-10 at 19.36.43.png
Views: 350
Size:  80.5 KB
sam2350
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by WishIHadRevised)
So do we just check the website to see when we can start to apply?
Hey! Hope someone replies soon. I'm a senior in high school and I have 5 AP's at the end of the year which are ( Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Psychology, and English). I also gave 9 Igcses in sophomore and junior year. I wanted to know if anything else is required to apply as Malta's page is not too clear.
RC101
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hi guys,
wanna be medic student in Malta here.

Could you please say how you are finding the course thus far?
Are you studying from zoom meetings or physically going to lectures?
How much free time there is in a week?
What do you do in your free time?
How is your accommodation? - is it like the online pictures on their site?
how was fresher's week?

I know it is a lot of questions but I will really appreciate your honest and detailed answers
Thaaaank Youuuuu
coainecoins
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I just submitted my application! Good luck everyone.

My stats:
Predicted 1st Class Neuroscience (UCL)
UCAT 3010 band 1
RC101
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hi guys,
wanna be medic student in Malta here.

Could you please say how you are finding the course thus far?
Are you studying from zoom meetings or physically going to lectures?
How much free time there is in a week?
What do you do in your free time?
How is your accommodation? - is it like the online pictures on their site?
how was fresher's week?

I know it is a lot of questions but I will really appreciate your honest and detailed answers
Thaaaank Youuuuu
Rithika123
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Is anyone else applying for Malta MBBS (by Barts)? I have also applied for barts medicine in London. I am wondering if applying to both will affect my chances at either uni?
e5199
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Rithika123)
Is anyone else applying for Malta MBBS (by Barts)? I have also applied for barts medicine in London. I am wondering if applying to both will affect my chances at either uni?
I'm applying for both too, they're separate courses so each application won't affect each other. Have you already applied to the Malta one??
coainecoins
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I'm already submitted my Malta application.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (22)
6.21%
Uncertainty around my education (38)
10.73%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (41)
11.58%
Lack of purpose or motivation (48)
13.56%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (18)
5.08%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (16)
4.52%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (37)
10.45%
Financial worries (25)
7.06%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (15)
4.24%
Exposure to negative news/social media (22)
6.21%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (10)
2.82%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (36)
10.17%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (26)
7.34%

Watched Threads