The Student Room Group

UCL A100 2021 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mirwais182
Never mind I got A*AA. Btw what are my chances now considering I get an amazing BMAT and my school is really bad in terms of grades so I was at a disadvantage. They take that into account right. Just wish me luck. Stay safe and sane.

Depends on your GCSEs and PS. UCL assess your whole application.
Reply 41
probably a little unrelated, but I applied to UCL for both A100 and Msci Pyschology ... I have received acknowledgements of my application from all other universities except UCL (I made it on the 15th).

Are my applications to medicine and pyschology going to be processed separately? Can I get invite/rejection for one before the other?
Original post by LMaaz
....Are my applications to medicine and pyschology going to be processed separately?...

Of course. DIfferent course, different department, different staff! The deadline to apply for their psychology course isn't until 15th January 2021.

Another reminder: why's your point on selecting a 5th course? Are you going to give up on medicine if you got no offers? Or doing psychology specifically for graduate entry medicine? Neither is ideal and your best bet is taking a gap year and reapplying for standard undergrad medicine.

Remember, with no offers you could potentially be eligible for UCAS Extra and UCAS Clearing. But if you have no medicine offer and a firmed psychology offer then you're not... hence my posts everywhere on the medicine forums informing everyone that picking a 5th option isn't necessarily wise.

Post originally created by ecolier.
Reply 43
I am international graduate applicant, so I already have a bachelors. I gave 4 undergraduate medicine choices, and last choice was Msci. I might consider doing Msci if I get an offer there and no medicine offers (Ox, UCL, ICL and Leeds).

I guess I am wierd in that I DON'T want to do graduate entry. I prefer the dual degree and research year/focus. I don't think a year or two here or there matters much, I'd rather I get a better quality (depth) of education. 😶

If I did take Msci, I'd probably pursue a PhD later and psychology practice (I lean towards psychiatry anyway). Or I will probably apply to the USA for PhD then medical school again 😭😓

I didn't study medicine for undergrad purely for financial reasons, so now I am applying 🙏😐
Original post by LMaaz
I am international graduate applicant, so I already have a bachelors. I gave 4 undergraduate medicine choices, and last choice was Msci. I might consider doing Msci if I get an offer there and no medicine offers (Ox, UCL, ICL and Leeds).

I guess I am wierd in that I DON'T want to do graduate entry. I prefer the dual degree and research year/focus. I don't think a year or two here or there matters much, I'd rather I get a better quality (depth) of education. 😶

If I did take Msci, I'd probably pursue a PhD later and psychology practice (I lean towards psychiatry anyway). Or I will probably apply to the USA for PhD then medical school again 😭😓

I didn't study medicine for undergrad purely for financial reasons, so now I am applying 🙏😐

In that case :goodluck:

It's more for other (future?) TSR users reading this post.

Post originally created by ecolier.
Reply 45
Oh yes that's true! 😅 I have seen you in many medicine threads, thank you for being so helpful 🙏🤗 *can't upvote :frown:

Edit: my two cents, as a mature applicant, it's better to wait a year and reapply than apply for graduate medicine. A gap year is much smaller than 3/4 gap years.
(edited 3 years ago)
does UCL look at gcse's?
Reply 47
Original post by AlishAsh
does UCL look at gcse's?

yes
Reply 48
Are achieved grades given more weight than predicted grades? Is an achieved A*A*AA better than predicted A*A*A*A*?
Original post by Medkid7
Which other unis are you guys applying to (other than UCL)? I'm considering Imperial, Kings College and Queen Mary

QMUL (i’ve just got an offer,) warwick, notts and oxford :smile:
Reply 50
Original post by xoxdesttt
QMUL (i’ve just got an offer,) warwick, notts and oxford :smile:

well done! was this for medicine? if so, how would they have known your UCAT score?
Original post by medbox
well done! was this for medicine? if so, how would they have known your UCAT score?

thanks !!! it was for psychology with a year abroad
Reply 52
hey! your password needs to be EXACTLY the number of characters specified and it has to be completely random like a6J!Y9£ or something. took me like an hour to figure it out ahahah
Original post by medar
hey! your password needs to be EXACTLY the number of characters specified and it has to be completely random like a6J!Y9£ or something. took me like an hour to figure it out ahahah

yeah it very frustrating...make sure you meet all the requirements
from recent updates on their website and their email, they will be structured panel interviews (i.e. they'll have a set of questions they ask every candidate)
wait for UCL? have you already got an offer?
Reply 56
I still haven’t got an acknowledgement letter even though on ucas track it has said they have received it?
Original post by Shion p
I still haven’t got an acknowledgement letter even though on ucas track it has said they have received it?

Mine was in my junk folder. Check there maybe?
How did you guys feel about the BMAT?:s-smilie:
Goodbye Cambridge and UCL

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending