The Student Room Group

Made to feel bad about my sexuality

I’m 20 and I work in recruitment.
I work in an office , two years ago when I started I met this wonderful guy called josh. He’s 26 and was the one to show me the ropes.
We built a really strong friendship, added each other on Facebook and I had this safe bond with him .

6 months into my employment I developed feelings for him, but I would never **** on my own doorstep. I had this beautiful friendship and something I had never experienced before.

Many girls in the office have asked me about what girls are my type not realising I’m gay, I play along and don’t admit it.

One day at work I was fooling around with josh and a female colleague picked up on something, next day I’m chatting to josh and he says in conversation about he can’t wait to meet his future girlfriend down the road

He admitted by text later that same day he said that as he’s straight and this colleague said she noticed a look I gave him

I took this on the chin until my colleague josh started behaving weird, a few weeks later he started mirroring my Facebook , I was playing online games on my account , quizzes etc and for two weeks he started copying me. Our accounts became identical, without my realisaton , he continued this for three months.
Then I started watching a tv show in the earlier hours of the morning and he started messaging me at
1am for hours on end , chatting too me for hours.

I noted this behaviour and he said he was still straight but the behaviour was off. Mirroring a gay dude you knows like you, I unfriended him off Facebook and thought a distance was best, so weeks later he friend requests me again. Pretending to care, I later find out he’s told a few others of my interest in him prior to sending me a friend request. After this I took him off Facebook again !!!

Weeks later I go to message him on Facebook and sees that even though we are not friends on Facebook, he’s been watching my account as posts I’ve shared he has too, and likes in the same chronological order I’ve liked on my fb, so why is he watching my Facebook so closely? If he’s straight why behave in this manner.??

I reported the female colleague to head office and she was dealt with but days after this josh who is on twitter is very Much a gamer started liking only fans female accounts right off the back of the investigation , something he never did in 2017, 2018 or 2019, after the office investigation and several staff were interviewed, he started liking inappropriate pics of women which he didn’t do until my interest became apparent in the office . What would you guys do?
Is he gay? Is he playing me?
Why watch me if he’s straight ?
Why like content of women days after the investigation at our work and not prior ??
Reply 1
May I ask why didn't reveal to the girls your gayness when you were chatting to them? Are you shy?
Original post by Drwho1994
I’m 20 and I work in recruitment.
I work in an office , two years ago when I started I met this wonderful guy called josh. He’s 26 and was the one to show me the ropes.
We built a really strong friendship, added each other on Facebook and I had this safe bond with him .

6 months into my employment I developed feelings for him, but I would never **** on my own doorstep. I had this beautiful friendship and something I had never experienced before.

Many girls in the office have asked me about what girls are my type not realising I’m gay, I play along and don’t admit it.

One day at work I was fooling around with josh and a female colleague picked up on something, next day I’m chatting to josh and he says in conversation about he can’t wait to meet his future girlfriend down the road

He admitted by text later that same day he said that as he’s straight and this colleague said she noticed a look I gave him

I took this on the chin until my colleague josh started behaving weird, a few weeks later he started mirroring my Facebook , I was playing online games on my account , quizzes etc and for two weeks he started copying me. Our accounts became identical, without my realisaton , he continued this for three months.
Then I started watching a tv show in the earlier hours of the morning and he started messaging me at
1am for hours on end , chatting too me for hours.

I noted this behaviour and he said he was still straight but the behaviour was off. Mirroring a gay dude you knows like you, I unfriended him off Facebook and thought a distance was best, so weeks later he friend requests me again. Pretending to care, I later find out he’s told a few others of my interest in him prior to sending me a friend request. After this I took him off Facebook again !!!

Weeks later I go to message him on Facebook and sees that even though we are not friends on Facebook, he’s been watching my account as posts I’ve shared he has too, and likes in the same chronological order I’ve liked on my fb, so why is he watching my Facebook so closely? If he’s straight why behave in this manner.??

I reported the female colleague to head office and she was dealt with but days after this josh who is on twitter is very Much a gamer started liking only fans female accounts right off the back of the investigation , something he never did in 2017, 2018 or 2019, after the office investigation and several staff were interviewed, he started liking inappropriate pics of women which he didn’t do until my interest became apparent in the office . What would you guys do?
Is he gay? Is he playing me?
Why watch me if he’s straight ?
Why like content of women days after the investigation at our work and not prior ??

It could have been the first time a man was interested in him and this made him curious. Perhaps he wasn't quite sure what to do or how to act, so he acted a bit weird because he felt awkward. I think it's probably best to distance yourself from him and move on as best you can.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending