datan00b
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Any current or past students from the online AI masters at Bath uni? Would really like some info as I plan to start in January.

Thanks in advance.
Rtfc
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by datan00b)
Any current or past students from the online AI masters at Bath uni? Would really like some info as I plan to start in January.

Thanks in advance.
I think the first intake is this September.
University of Bath Postgraduate
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by datan00b)

Thanks in advance.
Hi datan00b

Thanks for your question. I believe Rtfc is right, the first intake will be this September.

Ollie
MSc Engineering Business Management
lilnna3
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi, I am looking at this course too, would be great to hear how current students are finding it once they get started
Poier
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I have an offer here and also for a full-time on campus Data Science course in Bristol. Currently my thinking is that it'll take too long to finish this AI course, however it would be a smaller financial hit (as I could work throughout) and also Bath is a better university. I am not sure if online course will be seen the same as other on campus courses in Bath though. Any thoughts?
Last edited by Poier; 5 months ago
rutvisaini
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hii guys, I am also thinking to apply for online MSc in Artificial intelligence in bath university. I already have an offer for on campus MSc data science in bath university. But as an international student I find it difficult to pursue the degree on campus because of the current covid 19 situation. I am too skeptical regarding the online MSc degree. If anyone finds any useful information about it, then kindly share. Thanks.
rutvisaini
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hii guys, I am also thinking to apply for online MSc in Artificial intelligence in bath university. I already have an offer for on campus MSc data science in bath university. But as an international student I find it difficult to pursue the degree on campus because of the current covid 19 situation. I am too skeptical regarding the online MSc degree. If anyone finds any useful information about it, then kindly share. Thanks.
rayshow053
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I was considering doing the same but I am not actually sure what I want I would want to focus on so I'm just going to go for normal Computer Science since it gives you a broad of modules you can choose and not focusing on compulsory ones, I'd like to pick my modules also.

As for artificial intelligence (when I was writing an essay on it using some info from https://gradesfixer.com/free-essay-e...-intelligence/ ) I understood it's a great route to go down if you're interested in research work or a research degree later on plus if you enjoy A.I it's great.
Last edited by rayshow053; 3 months ago
CasparWasFramed
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi

I saw that some helpful person posted the unit descriptors for the Bath MSc Computer Science course on their thread:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...&postcount=349

Does anyone have the equivalent for the Bath AI Masters please? Thanks!
Yourmainmancj
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by rutvisaini)
I’m pretty such it would be good
void*
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by CasparWasFramed)
Hi

I saw that some helpful person posted the unit descriptors for the Bath MSc Computer Science course on their thread:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...&postcount=349

Does anyone have the equivalent for the Bath AI Masters please? Thanks!
Here's unit descriptors for the MSc AI (sorry for the delay). If anyone in cohort 1 has information about unit 2 assessment (and the assessment in future units) then please let me know
Attached files
Last edited by void*; 2 days ago
Rtfc
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Unit 2:
Problem Sheet 1: 30%; deadline Monday week 3
Problem Sheet 2: 30%; deadline Monday week 5
Problem Sheet 3: 40%; deadline Monday week 9 (i.e. at end of unit)
TruckBear
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hey. Just wanted to say that I am currently studying an online MSc in Public Policy at Bath, and they've done a really good job of it.

Also worth saying that the convenor of my course is the theme leader for the AI and public policy strand of the Centre for Doctoral Training in Accountable, Responsible and Transparent AI in Bath, and she's really, really great. I believe there's an optional module on AI as a social and political practice, so that bodes well for that.

So yeah - no direct experience of the MSc, but hope that helps!
CasparWasFramed
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by void*)
Here's unit descriptors for the MSc AI (sorry for the delay). If anyone in cohort 1 has information about unit 2 assessment (and the assessment in future units) then please let me know
Thanks again Void - those are very helpful.
void*
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Rtfc)
Unit 2:
Problem Sheet 1: 30%; deadline Monday week 3
Problem Sheet 2: 30%; deadline Monday week 5
Problem Sheet 3: 40%; deadline Monday week 9 (i.e. at end of unit)
Thanks - updated! If someone is able to post the unit 3 assessment that would be great
Rtfc
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Unit 3:
Assignment 1: Sudoku solver 30%, week 2
Assignment 2: Dice game 30%, week 4
Assignment 3: Spam filtering, 40%, week 8
void*
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by Rtfc)
Unit 3:
Assignment 1: Sudoku solver 30%, week 2
Assignment 2: Dice game 30%, week 4
Assignment 3: Spam filtering, 40%, week 8
Ah, that makes sense - the 'Foundations of AI' unit has the same coursework (and presumably the same content) as the 7th unit of the MSc CS, which is just called 'Artificial Intelligence'. There are other units that look related too and I guess our 'Intelligent Control and Cognitive Systems' unit will also be covered on the MSc AI in some form. Thanks for sharing!
Rtfc
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Yes, this unit definitely feels like it has had a previous life. Not in a bad way - the content feels refined.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (390)
56.6%
I don't have everything I need (299)
43.4%

Watched Threads