JA_1
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hiya,

Please could someone help me out with question 2b/2c on page 34 of this:
https://qualifications.pearson.com/c...tion-guide.pdf

It's for some a level transition work I'm doing and I'm struggling a little with the microscopy part.

Thank you
izaakha
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by JA_1)
Hiya,

Please could someone help me out with question 2b/2c on page 34 of this:
https://qualifications.pearson.com/c...tion-guide.pdf

It's for some a level transition work I'm doing and I'm struggling a little with the microscopy part.

Thank you Relationships & health
You are right to struggle!

I am in year 12 doing A-Level biology, I don't think it is possible to solve this question.

I think it should say somewhere on the microscope image what magnification it was taken at. Then you would multiply the lens magnification by the eyepiece lens to calculate the total magnification.

Also, that makes 2c impossible to do likewise, as you would need the magnification to calculate the actual size by using the magnification question for GCSE.

In summary, I wouldn't worry as I don't know how you would do it - plus most colleges won't actually mark this booklet - they will just flick through it.

Good luck with your GCSE results.
JA_1
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
(Original post by izaakha)
You are right to struggle!

I am in year 12 doing A-Level biology, I don't think it is possible to solve this question.

I think it should say somewhere on the microscope image what magnification it was taken at. Then you would multiply the lens magnification by the eyepiece lens to calculate the total magnification.

Also, that makes 2c impossible to do likewise, as you would need the magnification to calculate the actual size by using the magnification question for GCSE.

In summary, I wouldn't worry as I don't know how you would do it - plus most colleges won't actually mark this booklet - they will just flick through it.

Good luck with your GCSE results.
Thank you very much- I wondered whether that might be the case so it's great to have someone more knowledgable confirm it!
Hope everything's going well with home learning for you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (93)
64.58%
I don't have everything I need (51)
35.42%

Watched Threads