Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hey so I desperately wanna see someone about counselling or just help w my current mental state. Any recs that dont involve leaving the house? (I'd rather my parents didnt know I was seeking therapy)
bassplayer347
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
myonlinetherapy.com seems decent but it's expensive.
7cups.com is a good website I think... it's good if you just want to have a chat and get things off your chest
I'm sure there are more, try having a look online. I think the NHS may have some recommendations
Good luck! x
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
How old are you?
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
you can call samaritans- they have a this phone service for advice and help (. Normally it is used as a one time thing but they can set up a scheduled call if you need it. Also it is completely free.
PAPYRUS-UK
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey so I desperately wanna see someone about counselling or just help w my current mental state. Any recs that dont involve leaving the house? (I'd rather my parents didnt know I was seeking therapy)
Hi there,

I hear that you are wanting to look into counselling, or help with your current mental state. It sounds like you are going through a tough time - and not wanting your parents to know. There are a few helplines that might be able to help, and depending on your age - sometimes there is counselling available.

If you are under 25, and living in one of the areas listed on their website you might be able to access Kooth. This is an online platform, in which you can speak to a counselor once a week.

There is also The Mix - they offer advice for people under the age of 25, but they also offer telephone counselling. Their website is https://www.themix.org.uk/

Another option may be to have a look at the website Youth Access - if you put your postcode on this website, it will bring up local mental health support in your local area.

For some people, when they are struggling with their mental health and feel unable to tell the people around them, they may also be experiencing thoughts of suicide. If you are experiencing thoughts of suicide HOPELINEUK is here to support you - it is not a therapy service, but can work with people to explore why thoughts of suicide are present, and to work on keeping safe from suicide. You can contact HOPELINEUK for free, anonymously and confidentially by:

Phone: 0800 068 4141
Text: 07860039967
Email: [email protected]

Best wishes,
Rosie
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (56)
9.03%
Confident (81)
13.06%
Indifferent (89)
14.35%
Unsure (159)
25.65%
Worried (235)
37.9%

Watched Threads