Forgotten one
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I’ve just received my Mocks result and I got a 4= in maths. I really want to get at least a 7 in maths. Can anyone suggest any ways to do this? I’m doing Edexcel . And my exam is going to be next year 2021. Is Seneca Learning good for maths? Do you any tips on how to do this?
SuperiorPotato
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Honestly you need to just practice, go over your weak areas, remember key methods and equations, do practice papers and for websites to work on I would recommend Mathsmadeeasy. PhysicsandMathsTutor and you can search up some on your own
SuperiorPotato
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Btw you've made two other threads about the same thing
Pablopip
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Forgotten one)
I’ve just received my Mocks result and I got a 4= in maths. I really want to get at least a 7 in maths. Can anyone suggest any ways to do this? I’m doing Edexcel . And my exam is going to be next year 2021. Is Seneca Learning good for maths? Do you any tips on how to do this?
I have found websites like corbettmaths useful, they have categorised each question type into grades so you just work through each skill (watching the videos and answering the practice questions until you feel confident) from grade 4-7 until you can do them all.
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by isobeln)
My brother is an undergrad at Oxford university doing Politics, Philosophy & Economics, he did triple (ik overachiever haha) maths, history and physics a level and got 4 a*s and 1 a. Over the last year or so, he has set up a tutoring business, all oxbridge undergrads, and he's the one teaching maths - here is his website - he can easily help you get your grades up -here it is https://www.renewedlearning.co.uk hope this helps!
Please refrain from advertising. It is against TSR rules and guidelines
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What have you done so far? What parts have you struggled with in your lessons, homework and tests?
isobeln
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Forgotten one)
try physicsandmathstutor.com and Seneca is really great. BBC Bitesize is a classic - chances are they will have what you want. All of these you don't need a subscription (some courses at Seneca are paid for but I'm pretty sure maths isn't). Also try getting the CGP mathematics revision guide, they're great. hope this helps!
_notmyrealname
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I would strongly advise against Seneca. I think once you understand the maths behind the question, it's simply a case of practicing. There are an insane amount of past papers on the Edexcel website (here!), when I did my exam a couple years ago my teachers made me do every single past paper prior to the final exam. I think there is a direct correlation between the amount of practice questions you do and your end result, as long as you understand how the maths in the question works (for example, if you don't know how or why we rationalise the denominator when doing surds, don't start harder past paper questions on surds). Make sure that you sit down with your teacher to make sure you understand this before you start past paper questions. It may not be the most exciting, but in my opinion it's the best thing to achieve the grade you'd like to achieve.

But don't worry, you have plenty of time. It's important not to stress (if you even are, idk).

Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (82)
18.76%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (90)
20.59%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (81)
18.54%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (95)
21.74%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (43)
9.84%
I haven't started researching yet (46)
10.53%

Watched Threads