The Student Room Group

Bullying

It's been 3 years since this girl at my old school bullied me it was quite harsh but recently I've been seeing her singing on her snap story getting tons of compliments and I could see she had amazing friends and she was living without trouble, much better than me. I wanna be happy for her I'm not the type to hold a grudge or anything but for some reason inside I hate it I don't wish her a bad life or anything I know she has her own problems too but... idk help I wanna know how to react what to do. it's not fun.
(edited 3 years ago)
Stop looking at her social media. Block her or mute her. Don’t waste your time on other people. Spend time on yourself, do more of what makes you happy :smile:
Some people put the side of them they want you to see on the net, and the people who do that are insecure and have a mess of a life. She wants attention and validation and she's getting it through social media. **** what she says and does I assume you don't do what she does (social media wise) which shows that you actually have your life together unlike her, remember that.
You don’t know what her life is really like and you have the potential to very happy yourself. Think about blocking her.
Original post by Anonymous
It's been 3 years since this girl at my old school bullied me it was quite harsh but recently I've been seeing her singing on her snap story getting tons of compliments and I could see she had amazing friends and she was living without trouble, much better than me. I wanna be happy for her I'm not the type to hold a grudge or anything but for some reason inside I hate it I don't wish her a bad life or anything I know she has her own problems too but... idk help I wanna know how to react what to do. it's not fun.

I look at your post and I go omg how you feel is so NORMAL. I want to reiterate that is a perfectly normal thing to feel pain and anger from an experience like that. Bullying is an incredibly belittling and shaming feeling, so you are already left feeling superior and then to see her doing 'apparently' so well and so loved is further probably shaming you and increasing your self criticism. I got the same thing with my cousins who bullied me a lot and now I see them when we are older and at face value I could go their life is so much better than mine.

Going back to your point, if she's so happy with her life why does she feel a need to post on social media what she does in her spare time and show off to everyone she has a good life. I can bank on the fact that she isn't really that happy or content and probably is experiencing subjectively a similar sense of happiness such as yourself :smile:. You didn't deserve the treatment she gave you and bullying is ******** and can never be justified.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending