epqideaplz
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could share any ideas for an EPQ on Evacuation/Rationing please? I'm really interested in these topics but am unsure on a topic title. Thank you!
epqideaplz
Rep:
?
or I guess I could do a more broad approach? So something to do with WW2 and then focus in on evacuation?
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
If you do something on evacuation then this is quite good: https://www.amazon.co.uk/When-Childr.../dp/1847398766
Instant 60 second thoughts:

You could look at:
  • Whether evacuation was a good thing for some children
  • Did the experience of evacuation change the future life choices of evacuees?
Rationing:
  • You could look at whether it made our diets healthier
  • The black market
  • How diets changed
  • Are there lessons to be learn from it for sustainability?
  • How it affected the diets of town and country people, i.e. were those in rural areas able to eat much better?
epqideaplz
Rep:
?
(Original post by Compost)
If you do something on evacuation then this is quite good: https://www.amazon.co.uk/When-Childr.../dp/1847398766
Instant 60 second thoughts:

You could look at:
  • Whether evacuation was a good thing for some children
  • Did the experience of evacuation change the future life choices of evacuees?
Rationing:
  • You could look at whether it made our diets healthier
  • The black market
  • How diets changed
  • Are there lessons to be learn from it for sustainability?
  • How it affected the diets of town and country people, i.e. were those in rural areas able to eat much better?
thank you for replying! I'm just concerned that I won't have enough to say (5,000 words is a lot!), so whilst I know kind of the topics I want to do I just cannot think of a question. Maybe I could bring ethics into it? Thanks again!
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by epqideaplz)
thank you for replying! I'm just concerned that I won't have enough to say (5,000 words is a lot!), so whilst I know kind of the topics I want to do I just cannot think of a question. Maybe I could bring ethics into it? Thanks again!
5000 words turns out to be surprisingly little when you write an EPQ - lots of it gets eaten up by the Lit review etc. Describing how your Lit review leads you to keep refining the question can also take up some words - don't assume you have to have the exact words when you start.

I have to admit I have an interest in the subject. My dad was evacuated to Canada at 7 and spent 4 1/2 years without seeing his mother (his dad was in the Navy and they saw each other once when his ship went to the states). The older I get the more incredible I find it that someone would send their 7 year old 3,000 miles to be looked after by complete strangers for an indefinite length of time.. Whilst he was incredibly lucky to land up with a loving and very wealthy family I still think it left him with some psychological issues. I am called after the woman who looked after him
epqideaplz
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Compost)
5000 words turns out to be surprisingly little when you write an EPQ - lots of it gets eaten up by the Lit review etc. Describing how your Lit review leads you to keep refining the question can also take up some words - don't assume you have to have the exact words when you start.

I have to admit I have an interest in the subject. My dad was evacuated to Canada at 7 and spent 4 1/2 years without seeing his mother (his dad was in the Navy and they saw each other once when his ship went to the states). The older I get the more incredible I find it that someone would send their 7 year old 3,000 miles to be looked after by complete strangers for an indefinite length of time.. Whilst he was incredibly lucky to land up with a loving and very wealthy family I still think it left him with some psychological issues. I am called after the woman who looked after him,
That is lovely Compost , thank you for sharing. And thank you also for your advice on the length, that is reassuring x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (34)
8%
Confident (55)
12.94%
Indifferent (60)
14.12%
Unsure (110)
25.88%
Worried (166)
39.06%

Watched Threads