Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I recieved the AS12B letter extremely late because of it getting lost in the post and reieved it today, 22 August 2008, dated the 24th July 08!

It says that if I do not confirm within 14 days to the email address in the letter, my place MAY go to smoeone else!?

My place has been confirmed, unconditionally on UCAS since the 24th July, as a firm place and hasn't changed since. I've just emailed them, but the problem is that I can't speak to them until Tuesday, which is annoying!

I want to know has anyone else replied outside of the 14 days deadline given in the AS12B letter? If so what has happened?

If my UCAS Track is still showing 'Unconditional Firm', do I need to worry or is it all still ok??

Why on earth are there so many hoops that need to be jumped through in getting to a confirmed place at a Uni? I mean having to 'confirm' my 'confirmation', how ridiculous is that?!?! Any replies appreciated. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I think you need to wait until you either get a reply to your e-mail or are able to call them on Tuesday. I'm not entirely sure how it works for unconditional applicants, but I would assume that you would still need to 'confirm' your place with the university online. Has the university contacted you since 24th July?

ReputationRep:
    No, they haven't made any contact yet. But, apparently according to this website, http://www.yougofurther.co.uk/networ...px?PageIndex=2 (6th box down on the page) - which was questions being answered by a UCAS advisor, if they don't contact you and the offer stays the same on UCAS Track, the applicant shouldn't worry. Still unsure though.

ReputationRep:
    There's nothing you can do now - just contact UCAS and the uni first thing on Tuesday and let them know what's happened. I'm sure it'll be fine.

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.