Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey, didn't really know where to post this thread. Well, my friend wants to go clubbing for her 18th in Manchester, and we've never been before so we don't know where's good. She is into hip-hop and rnb and we were just wondering where's the best place(s) for this? We want to go on Friday 5th btw (cuz sometimes there are different nights on different days)

Thanks! (:

ReputationRep:
    The Hacienda must be rebuilt. - Tony Wilson 1950-2007

ReputationRep:
    yo kim ;]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ay7)
    yo kim ;]
    lol I thought this was an actual reply then

HEY ANNA ;D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kimoso)

HEY ANNA ;D
    love up the emoticon :eek:

ReputationRep:

HEY ANNA ;D
    love up the emoticon :eek:

:lolwut: :coma: :teeth:

;DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

ReputationRep:
    Oooh this is my area!

Well you have Birdcage, which is probably the best club imo. http://www.birdcagelive.com/

Don't be fooled by the caberet stuff - Wednesdays are the biggest student nights in Manchester, and Birdcage hold a massive student night called Rehab - amazing. You definitely need to go mid week though. So I'd suggest going to Birdcage on Wednesday, for you club/dance music, then on Thursday go to Lounge 31 (opposite Birdcage, just inside the Printworks), which is great for hip hop, and open until 6am.

ReputationRep:
    Oops just re-read the original post and it's from a week ago and was talking about going tonight...sorry lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pcok)
    Oooh this is my area!

Well you have Birdcage, which is probably the best club imo. http://www.birdcagelive.com/

Don't be fooled by the caberet stuff - Wednesdays are the biggest student nights in Manchester, and Birdcage hold a massive student night called Rehab - amazing. You definitely need to go mid week though. So I'd suggest going to Birdcage on Wednesday, for you club/dance music, then on Thursday go to Lounge 31 (opposite Birdcage, just inside the Printworks), which is great for hip hop, and open until 6am.
    thanks for all that info!! but im goin 2mora..have u been to mtwo or pure by any chance?? also, do u know if clubs have lockers where u can put ur belongings in??:cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ay7)
    thanks for all that info!! but im goin 2mora..have u been to mtwo or pure by any chance?? also, do u know if clubs have lockers where u can put ur belongings in??:cool:
    Yeah m2 is good, in Stockport, which is where I'm from. Yeah all clubs have a clockroom type thing, afaik.

ReputationRep:
    Pure is probably your best bet, but the printworks in general is a pretty good night out! Tiger Tiger is my fav place tho!

ReputationRep:
    Im from Stockport as well

M2 is ok to be honest i wasnt keen on it. They had like 3 bar staff on which is not good on a friday night packed with students. The music wasnt that great either. I defo recommend pure although go for pre drinks before hand as it is expensive. Before 11pm cheaper to get in the club and absuletly massive with good tunes.

Lounge 31 is that new?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blondie_)
    Im from Stockport as well

M2 is ok to be honest i wasnt keen on it. They had like 3 bar staff on which is not good on a friday night packed with students. The music wasnt that great either. I defo recommend pure although go for pre drinks before hand as it is expensive. Before 11pm cheaper to get in the club and absuletly massive with good tunes.

Lounge 31 is that new?
    I think we were kinda considering going there post-clubbing as I heard it's open till like 6 or something?? Is this right??
    Also I think we put ourselves on the guestlist so it's cheaper.

ReputationRep:
    I think we were kinda considering going there post-clubbing as I heard it's open till like 6 or something?? Is this right??
    Also I think we put ourselves on the guestlist so it's cheaper.

yes its about 6 if your into dance and stuff youll love it

enjoy manchester!

ReputationRep:
    Cool

Oh, another thing though... how strict is manchester on ID?
    I'm 17.

ReputationRep:
    Quite a lot strict :/
    If you have borrowed ID and you look quite a lot like the person you should be fine
    but fake ID is pretty likely to be caught...
    Unless you go on Canal Street where they don't care taht much.

ReputationRep:
    Would it help if one among us actually 18?

ReputationRep:
    ye manchester is pretty strict when it comes to ID
    for hip hop and rnb i'd try Mtwo or Pure
    although prices in the printworks rocket at weekends

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paauullll)
    ye manchester is pretty strict when it comes to ID
    for hip hop and rnb i'd try Mtwo or Pure
    although prices in the printworks rocket at weekends
    Reaaaally?
    Omg.
    Have you ever been to town in Liverpool?
    How many times more strict is it than that?

ReputationRep:
    if you get someones ID who quite looks like you, you should be alright
    but make sure its passport or driving licence
    never been out in liverpool

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 6, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.