Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna_The_Giant_Banana)
    fair enough. but seriously. u cant get sti from recieving oral sex unless she had *** on her lips or something :/
    0% chance
    Semen is not the only carrier of diseases and that's a common misunderstanding Mucuous membranes can exchange disease antigens but so can skin.

You can catch a few diseases through oral sex, receiving or giving. He could have caught genital or oral herpes for example.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    Semen is not the only carrier of diseases and that's a common misunderstanding Mucuous membranes can exchange disease antigens but so can skin.

You can catch a few diseases through oral sex, receiving or giving. He could have caught genital or oral herpes for example.
    Yeah, but he was wearing a condom and he doesn't even think it split.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)

Oh god, don't set him off... He was wearing a condom!!

When do we get to call him silly and mock his lack of common sense?

Never? Oh, I'll shut up then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    Oh god, don't set him off... He was wearing a condom!!

When do we get to call him silly and mock his lack of common sense?

Never? Oh, I'll shut up then.
    Apologies I missed that.

ReputationRep:
    For HIV to be transmitted:

a) she'd need to be HIV-positive;
    b) a bodily fluid of hers that was rich in virions would need to come into contact with a part of you the virus could then get through.

First of all, HIV prevalence in this country is fairly low. Obviously, she could be one of the minority that is HIV-positive, but just statistically, the odds of her having it are fairly low. Then, on top of that, you used a condom. I understand your mind's going into overdrive and worrying it's broken, but neverthless, you did use a condom, and you have no reason to believe it split. Even if it had broken, general medical consensus is that there is little to no HIV virus present in saliva. So for HIV to be transmitted via oral sex, she'd have to have bleeding gums or mouth ulcers or something. And then, for the virus to be able to establish infection in you, you'd probably have to have broken skin on your willy, IF THE VIRUS GOT PAST THE CONDOM, WHICH WE HAVE NO REASON TO BELIEVE IT COULD.

So, basically, the odds of her being HIV-positive are slim anyway, but even if she was, the chances that she'd actually have exposed you to the virus, and that the virus could get through the condom, through your body's natural defences, and infect you, are vanishingly slim. Your odds of having caught another STI are pretty low too - even if she did have gonorrhoea or chlamydia in her mouth/throat, say, the odds of that being transmitted to you are quite slim, because of a combination of the biology and, OH YES, THE CONDOM YOU WERE WEARING.

Possibly the only thing actually worth thinking about is herpes simplex virus - if, and only if, she had a cold sore, you might possibly want to keep an eye out for a sore developing on your penis. But even then, I'd imagine it's very unlikely, because you wore a condom and have no reason to believe it broke.

Were you very drunk? Because if so, this is a good example of why drinking in moderation and knowing your limits is a good idea :p: Well done on being sensible enough to use a condom, though

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Drewski - Ok, maybe i am being silly . But believe it or not this is something i've never done before, its a first for me so as you can tell i'm a little concerned.

And yeah, i'll admit i was drunk, it seemed like a good idea until i woke up this morning!

Andy
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    OP, read my username title.

ReputationRep:
    It'll be fine. don't be a wimp

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DavidYork)
    What is ONS?? I have been in the sex/dating game for over 10 years now and I have never even heard of it???
    one night stand :p:

ReputationRep:
    One Night Stand

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 23, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.