Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm considering doing AS Computing, but I'm not sure about Maths content. I only got a C in Maths, will that be ok for Computing? How much actual Maths skill is requirered? Also, how much programming is there, and of what sort?

Thanks

AS Computing is as hard as you want it to be. I.e., as long as you put the effort in - any A-Level will be easy. But if you don't live up to your potential - you will find AS Computing hard.

To the OP: I think you should look at the course specifications in your exam board as that will give an indication if you are able to cope with it.

ReputationRep:
    no its not hard. unless you dont like computing and a bit of programmin in the first place

ReputationRep:
    If you are not good at maths, you will find computing hard as it requires alot of logic.

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.