Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i got 11 and a half GCSEs

ReputationRep:
    2 :yep:

Tis a stupid system

ReputationRep:
    No university is going to expect you do have more GCSEs than 9/10, and universities will be a lot more interested in how you did in the subjects you did do than in how many you did.

ReputationRep:
    I just don't see the point in doing so many unless you enjoy the stuff :p:

ReputationRep:
    im doing 12, and im finding it so ****** hard lol, but ive got 2 out of the way and did **** in them (german - c, ICT - B did these two a year early)

so yeah 10 is the perfect number to do, just work hard.

ReputationRep:
    10 is what most people will do, others are probably additional in school (like IT), very limited (statistics), or external (religion or native language). As long as you get the grades you want it doesnt matter. Im taking 11.5 btw.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, 10 is normal. I'm doing 12 (well, 11.5 I guess, one's a shortcourse) but that's only because I took one in year 9 and my school are making me do additional maths too. So 10 is a good number.

ReputationRep:
    They will not put you at a disadvantage as they can only ask of you what most schools offer which I think is an average of 8/9 GCSEs.
    I am taking 11 at the moment but most people in our school are taking 9: the only reason I got the chance to take more is because I am doing triple science as opposed to double as well as German as a twilight course. Personally I didn't take those subjects to have more subjects in the bank but because I enjoy them!
    Concentrate on getting good grades in the ones you are taking and you should be just fine =D

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing 11 [because my school makes us take 10 or 11] but I know people with 5 GCSEs and stuff, so dont worry

ReputationRep:
    My school only allows us to do 10 GCSES, but I'm doing 3 extra - Welsh, French and Italian - because I speak those languages fluently.

ReputationRep:
    11 GCSE's and for I.T were doing BTEC, which my teacher says counts for 2 GCSE's. Does it mean im doing 13 GCSE'S? (i doubt

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing 10, it varies in my school, it ranges from 9-12

ReputationRep:
    My school offers 10 on the normal timetable, but I did Statistics in year 9 and I'm going to do Spanish as an evening class.

ReputationRep:
    Any more than 9-12 or so is rare.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing 12.5 GCSEs + an FSMQ Additional Maths... 9 should be enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princess_me)
    11 GCSE's and for I.T were doing BTEC, which my teacher says counts for 2 GCSE's. Does it mean im doing 13 GCSE'S? (i doubt
    A BTEC level 2 is equivalent to 2 GCSEs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vicyvix)
    Alot of people who do 13/14 GCSEs go to Public Schools (or private, whichever you want to call them!) where they're at school for a lot longer (longer hours and sometimes weekends) than at the average comprehensive/grammar, so they can fit more into their timetable.
    That's ******** believe me.. no public schools fit 14 GCSEs into the timetable

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Well_Hello)
    That's ******** believe me.. no public schools fit 14 GCSEs into the timetable
    Well some take GCSEs in earlier years, so they do eventually do more!

ReputationRep:
    yeah same i am doing 11 but the rest of my school are doing 10 coz i did gcse drama a year early

ReputationRep:
    be lucky that ur only doing 10. seriously, 12 is more than enough for me

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.