Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Nah, got £25 quid off grandparents and £10 off God Parents but other than that just some chocolate

ReputationRep:
    I got a card.
    I don't want anything else, my mum already took me to london for 2 days after I'd finished exams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Just Plain Bob.)
    I got the whole "Good grades are rewarding enough" line, alas, i didn't get anything.
    Yeah I got that line too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by electriic_ink)
    Meh. My reward is good GCSEs :rolleyes:
    Same same. Same for my A levels. But for my A levels, I am getting £200 from the local rotary club (as a book account :rolleyes: ) for the highest A level results in the school...

I suppose I didn't really work that hard for my A levels and the results and proud look on my parents' faces were enough to make me happy.

ReputationRep:
    Im yet to be paid my (3 x £250) + (8 x £100) + (2 x £10) three years on..........nearly. Funny enough Ive never seen a penny of it!

I got a night out and a pat on the back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Selkarn)
    I've always thought that really spoilt people deserve sympathy, not envy, 'cos they'll be growing up highly deficient in some areas of life.
    yeah actually i see were your coming from, a guy in my year at school is spoiled and is pushed so much and sheltered from the real world by his parents :rolleyes: God help him in the 'real world'

(Original post by dreadnaut)
    Im yet to be paid my (3 x £250) + (8 x £100) + (2 x £10) three years on..........nearly. Funny enough Ive never seen a penny of it!

I got a night out and a pat on the back
    I'm not bloody suprised. Your parents can just throw money at things if they can give their kid £1,000 plus for some poxy GCSEs. I wouldn't let you waste that on having fun. It's to be spent in Waitrose and given to British Gas and the Countryside Alliance.

I need a new iPod. *ahem*

ReputationRep:
    A hug
    whoaa I can't believe how much some parents will shell out for their kids!

I remember two of my friends got paid just to take latin GCSE (it was optional), one of them got £500 when they'd passed. At 16! Who needs that much money at 16?

Anyways, I also got lunch

ReputationRep:
    I massive party... That was fun

ReputationRep:
    I got £150 and a lovely new coat

ReputationRep:
    I got my GCSE results on the same day as my birthday 23rd Aug - what did I get squat all. Not even for my bday or getting a few A's

I think i can safely say that I' not spoilt lol

ReputationRep:
    £100 that im adding to my savings account for when i can finally learn to drive! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Norfolkadam)
    I'm not bloody suprised. Your parents can just throw money at things if they can give their kid £1,000 plus for some poxy GCSEs. I wouldn't let you waste that on having fun. It's to be spent in Waitrose and given to British Gas and the Countryside Alliance.

I need a new iPod. *ahem*
    the whole " financial incentive " they tried to dupe me with seriously backfired with my results lol

an A* was meant to be an impossibility buwhahahaaa

Nothing from my parents (well, I got an iPod touch a few weeks ago, and my mum [jokingly] said she'd take it away from me if I got anything below an A [a condition which I met {incidentally}]), but I got a cheque from my Gran for £100.

(I love posting in the style of Angus-Higgins.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vicyvix)
    No, i agree, I have a mac desktop at home and it is soooo much better than my other comps (death to dell, lol), they are more reliable, hardly ever get viruses and generally emit rays of coolness!

Another case of why would you want/accept all that stuff from your parents, At the ripe ol' age of 16, you don't need a rolex, you could also try doing what most people do and get a job to pay for all these things yourself! I'm all for a small reward but that is too much especially when it's not needed!

The satisfaction of getting good grades to help your future career should be incentive enough to do well, 'creaming' all this money off your parents means that you're probably just going to waste it, why not say 'no' to the rewards for GCSEs and wait until you really need the money, ie when you go to uni!
    Lol it's posts like the one you just quoted that make me laugh when people complain about how only people whose parents earn under £60k get a grant and a slightly higher loan!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keekee107)
    Same same. Same for my A levels. But for my A levels, I am getting £200 from the local rotary club (as a book account :rolleyes: ) for the highest A level results in the school...

I suppose I didn't really work that hard for my A levels and the results and proud look on my parents' faces were enough to make me happy.
    Yeah exactly...I had to open mine over the radio, so my mum was sat not that near to me, and when I read them out she just burst out crying and ran over to give me a hug! That meant a lot to me; more so than some stupid rolex or whatever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mackemforever)
    I got a nice meal out (admittedly it was at one of the best resteraunts in Italy and was close to £170 a head), but nothing else apart from that.
    £170 a head? I'd expect a head for my meal for that.

ReputationRep:
    when i got gcse results two years ago my mum bought me chocs n took me out for dinner...i then got £350 but not till bout 9 months after

for my a levels i got nothing cos my mum was angry at me for not getting AAB and only getting AAC...

ReputationRep:
    I got nothing at SG because i did ****.
    But at Highers i got to go to dinner at frankie and bennies off my parents, £20 off my god parents and a really cool maths book and £50 off my grand parents.

ReputationRep:
    A* - £200
    A - £100
    B - £50

They only did it because they thought I couldn't get that :p: my parents have HIGH expectations but I always ****[ed] up my mocks and exams and **** and only properly study during actual exams and so they end up making high bets and losing

They are getting me a car for getting As in my A levels, well £4000 which is pretty awesome ... I'll try and badger them for that extra £1000

Ahhh you gotta love life as an only child

Seriously though, make them doubt your abilities and get them to lower their expectations and offer you money which they believe you won't win and when you do they will be really happy [low expectation bar] and you'll be rich!

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.