Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a.sheikh)
    a treat in a luxury five star hotel....
    Is "treat" a euphemism for "prostitute"?

I get **** all!

ReputationRep:
    a pat on the back.

ReputationRep:
    took English, English Lit and IGCSE Maths a year early and got 2 A*s and a B.
    My boyfriend bought me this MASSIVE chocolate cake (which has since been demolished by the family, luckily for my cholestorol!), and has promised he'll get me ben & jerrys ice cream when the freezer at Tesco's gets fixed.
    This probably makes me sound like a fat cow, it's more that we were having a "hey, i know, let's stay in for two days straight, watch atonement on repeat and eat cake for breakfast" time.
    Also, I'll *hopefully* be getting a new camera (c £400) in a couple of weeks, although it's only because i do commericial photography and it's partially a loan which I'll pay back as I earn with the camera (: My mum's planning to take me to Paris at some point in the future, too, because we haven't been on holiday in about four years. So that'll be lovely - lots of fashion, photos, and bars, i expect XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GHOSH-5)
    woah. thats insane....
    It makes me sound spoilt :eek: I'm really not!!

I don't really get pocket money or anything and its all saved up in my savings account and my mother is quite controlling about how, when, where and why I use my money :p:

I blame those crazy bidding on pointless things on ebay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by electriic_ink)
    Meh. My reward is good GCSEs :rolleyes:
    Off topic but I lol'd at your sig.

I got for £50 for my crappy results, they weren't the best I could do but I'm happy.
    I think the '£20 for an A, £15 for a B' is a good system. It's a shame I'm only taking 5 subjects. I shall introduce it to my father.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D a v e)
    Just a tad spoiled then ..:rolleyes:

ermm no i dont think so lol i literally worked my ****ing socks off for those grades cus i was predicted all C's and as i think of it now my grades were actually pretty damn good maybe not to tsr standard and so i think i do deserve it alot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GHOSH-5)
    lol it makes you sound very spoilt but ill take your word for it and believe you aren't
    I'm really not and they only said that much cuz they didn't think I'd get them :p:

Anyway I honestly didn't/don't mind if they gave me anything ... specially for my A levels, everyone was asking what I wanted for my birthday [4 days before D-Day] and I was like seriously pray for me! And then UCAS messed up but when I finally got my results and found out I got As me and my mom burst out crying

Intense stuff lol :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to shut up now night!

ReputationRep:
    For my GCSE's I got a card and dinner in a hotel. AS results I didn't get anything (they aren't real anyway ;p). A levels I got £10 from a relative, a card, and two very shocked and happy parents when I got AAB.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overground)
    Nan gave me a tenner, dad bought me an aftershave/shower gel/deoderant box thing. Some of my friends got hundreds of pounds for much worse results. Oh well, I have the heartwarming knowledge that I'm better than them, which counts for more than money :proud:
    Keep that mentality or that way of thinking and I'm sure you'll get far in life. :yep: good luck

ReputationRep:
    For A Level a KITTEN!:woo:

ReputationRep:
    I got:

"I'm not angry. I'm just disappointed."

ReputationRep:
    Can't remember but I got a nice amount for GCSE, somewhere in the £75-£200 region. Can't really remember to be honest, but I do know I got pretty much nothing for A2 besides £20 off my nan. Then again my mum had given me £150 the day or so before to cover some expenses for summer and uni.

ReputationRep:
    Coming from an asian household, i got the best present possible - a roof over my head for the next year until the AS results came out (and thankfully this has now been extended for another year)

Anyone who thinks i'm joking obviously has no experience with asians :p:

ReputationRep:
    A 'well done.'

ReputationRep:
    I got £20 off my grandparent's and a new bag for college off my mum, I can't believe some of the stuff you lot get, it's shocking

ReputationRep:
    I got nothing for my GCSEs.
    I got nothing for my AS levels.
    I got nothing for my A2 levels.
    I got nothing for my first class honours degree.

I dread to think how much some people's parents are going to be spending on them if they're getting such rediculous amounts of cash etc for their GCSEs

But i did get a personal sense of pride. Can't beat that. I don't want my parents to waste their money on me. I didn't want gifts for getting grades, I just wanted to get good grades for myself.

ReputationRep:
    christ! reading through all the stuff people have been getting is shocking! cars, rolex's, computers... hell!

For GCSE's 3 years ago, my mum said i could have £20 per A and then £15 for a B and £10 for a C. and instead of money i got my phone contract paid for a year and a nice meal. which was ace, so im not complaining!

For AS's it was the same, but i just continued to get my phone contract paid for

i dropped out of year 13 due to illness so got nothing the next year,
    When i re-took one subject (because im still ill,) the year after, i was told i was going to fail because id missed lots of the lessons, but i still managed to get a C! not sure what my mum's going to give me as we hadn't talked about what would happen if i passed! im hoping for £20 for a friends birthday meal, lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhavan)
    Coming from an asian household, i got the best present possible - a roof over my head for the next year until the AS results came out (and thankfully this has now been extended for another year)

Anyone who thinks i'm joking obviously has no experience with asians :p:
    I've always been :eek: at people who get "gifted" for good grades. I think our parents are so used to the grades that they just expect it. However, getting good grades doesn't really benefit anyone but me so that's a gift in itself, no? :p:

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.