The Student Room Group

Accenture 2020 Apprenticeship Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dxvid
Nope, but spent 8 months there during my gap year

Oh right, how was it when you first joined what kind of stuff did you learn and what office were you based at?
Original post by Toastedshoes12
Oh right, how was it when you first joined what kind of stuff did you learn and what office were you based at?

Also when did you get kit like your laptop phone that kind of stuff.
Also when did you get kit like your laptop phone that kind of stuff.

The first day, although we didn't get phones
Original post by dxvid
Nope, but spent 8 months there during my gap year

That's amazing!
Did you have an initial bootcamp to introduce you to the technologies and languages that they use? If so, how useful did you find it?
Original post by savage_queen
That's amazing!
Did you have an initial bootcamp to introduce you to the technologies and languages that they use? If so, how useful did you find it?

Was in strat & consulting, rather than tech. An initial week of training and group activities, including an Excel course, which was useful if you were keen to learn it.
What documents did you have to take in on the first day (for validation purposes etc)?
What documents did you have to take in on the first day (for validation purposes etc)?

Deffo passport, and maybe a bank statement as well for proof address.
Original post by dxvid
Was in strat & consulting, rather than tech. An initial week of training and group activities, including an Excel course, which was useful if you were keen to learn it.

I think i can access that course on the my learning platform. How was your experience overall though not only what you learnt but the people etc.
I think i can access that course on the my learning platform. How was your experience overall though not only what you learnt but the people etc.

People were great, both in my joining group and at every other level of the business. My tips would be to 1) get involved with different areas of the business (i.e. help with a monthly newsletter for a group or go to a breakfast event with an industry group) and 2) go the extra mile to save time, spend 20-30 minutes to save you 5 minutes every day (e.g. automate an Excel spreadsheet so it requires less data input each day going forward. Make sure to then share these tips with your project team.
Original post by dxvid
People were great, both in my joining group and at every other level of the business. My tips would be to 1) get involved with different areas of the business (i.e. help with a monthly newsletter for a group or go to a breakfast event with an industry group) and 2) go the extra mile to save time, spend 20-30 minutes to save you 5 minutes every day (e.g. automate an Excel spreadsheet so it requires less data input each day going forward. Make sure to then share these tips with your project team.

Sounds like you had a great experience!, hopefully it will be the same for me. I will definitely be taking on board your tips when i join
Original post by dxvid
Deffo passport, and maybe a bank statement as well for proof address.

I forgot to ask you before who is your contact that told you about Jack being sick, my questions that i asked a while back have not been answered

Do you have any personalised courses on that platform? Or are they all in the explore section?
I forgot to ask you before who is your contact that told you about Jack being sick, my questions that i asked a while back have not been answered

She's actually a family friend who works at Accenture so she just advised me to wait until he got back to me. She wouldn't be able to help with the questions unfortunately- I've got loads pending too :/
Do you have any personalised courses on that platform? Or are they all in the explore section?

All in the explore section
She's actually a family friend who works at Accenture so she just advised me to wait until he got back to me. She wouldn't be able to help with the questions unfortunately- I've got loads pending too :/

I got a reply from an email i sent way back from him today, but he already answered them in a phone call previously. So not sure on that one :/
All in the explore section

I started one and I got an email about the charges and everything regarding cancellation policy- was a little terrified ngl XD
I got a reply from an email i sent way back from him today, but he already answered them in a phone call previously. So not sure on that one :/

At least it's something, I guess. Hopefully, we will hear back from him more now :smile:
I started one and I got an email about the charges and everything regarding cancellation policy- was a little terrified ngl XD

Wait what????
At least it's something, I guess. Hopefully, we will hear back from him more now :smile:

Well it seems he has gone off the grid again lol have not got a reply. I am just going to wait now i have chased a lot now xd
Wait what????

I got a really weird email about starting the course- reminds me I haven't done anything on it yet whoops!

Quick Reply