HELP: Border Force Apprenticeship 2020 Application

Watch
IWads
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by LJM02)
Thank you, that’s a really helpful insight. When did you last go through the interview? Where have you applied to be based?
No problem. I had an interview end of last month, and I’ve applied for Dover and Folkestone😊
LJM02
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by IWads)
No problem. I had an interview end of last month, and I’ve applied for Dover and Folkestone😊
👍👍
Kinger
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by IWads)
Thanks for the insight indeed, Ive also applied for Dover & Folkstone - Hopefully we will be working together !! I received the 'on hold' email - no interview email as yet (July application). Your interview last month, was that from an earlier recruitment drive? Best wishes and luck.
IWads
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Kinger)
Thanks for the insight indeed, Ive also applied for Dover & Folkstone - Hopefully we will be working together !! I received the 'on hold' email - no interview email as yet (July application). Your interview last month, was that from an earlier recruitment drive? Best wishes and luck.
Aw no problem, somebody helped me out on another thread and I will be forever grateful! It’s so handy to have an insight so I’m glad I can do the same. Wow yes that would be so cool! Yeah it was an earlier drive, closed mid to end of May. Unfortunately I wasn’t successful with it, but it was a great learning experience😊.
Kinger
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by LJM02)
Anybody else receive their invitation for remote interview?
Hey LJM02 - good luck with the interview. Where did you apply for ?
LJM02
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Kinger)
Hey LJM02 - good luck with the interview. Where did you apply for ?
Thank you. GLA/EDI still waiting in the interview link coming through. Hopefully you will hear soon. Think I might be one campaign ahead of you (Jun application)
IWads
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by LJM02)
Thank you. GLA/EDI still waiting in the interview link coming through. Hopefully you will hear soon. Think I might be one campaign ahead of you (Jun application)
Our closing date was 26/06/2020, was it the same for you? If so I think the ‘Jul’ must have been a typo! Think this is all the same campaign which will be nice as we can keep each other updated 😊. I received my link with the previous role I applied for a few hours after the initial invite, so if it’s anything similar I think you would receive yours on Monday, good luck 😁!
LJM02
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by IWads)
Our closing date was 26/06/2020, was it the same for you? If so I think the ‘Jul’ must have been a typo! Think this is all the same campaign which will be nice as we can keep each other updated 😊. I received my link with the previous role I applied for a few hours after the initial invite, so if it’s anything similar I think you would receive yours on Monday, good luck 😁!
Ah ok I see 👍 that’s good. We can all keep each other updated along the way 😀
username1747057
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hi! I applied for Edinburgh/Glasgow and I’ve been invited to a remote interview. As it’s remote you can do it any time but the deadline is Wed 26th. I scored a 5 for my personal statement/queuing question.
LJM02
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by username1747057)
Hi! I applied for Edinburgh/Glasgow and I’ve been invited to a remote interview. As it’s remote you can do it any time but the deadline is Wed 26th. I scored a 5 for my personal statement/queuing question.
Good luck with your interview 👍
Jordiesaurus
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hi there everyone!I've just started following this thread- I had a remote interview 2 weeks ago and heard yesterday that I have met the required standard, however they are not able to offer me a job immediately. I hope everyone hears some news with their application! 😊Just wanted to say hello 😊👋 and send an update!I have applied for Felixstowe, Harwich and Tilbury!
LJM02
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Well done, that’s great! 👍 Hopefully it won’t be too long before you are offered a position 😀I did my remote interview a couple of weeks ago but haven’t heard anything back yet.
Lexie9273
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Jordiesaurus)
Hi there everyone!I've just started following this thread- I had a remote interview 2 weeks ago and heard yesterday that I have met the required standard, however they are not able to offer me a job immediately. I hope everyone hears some news with their application! 😊Just wanted to say hello 😊👋 and send an update!I have applied for Felixstowe, Harwich and Tilbury!
Hello Jordiesaurus, and well done on passing the interview stage. I had mine a week and a half ago and haven't heard, though to be honest I'm not optimistic, I'm usually not bad with interviews, but struggled speaking 'to' my webcam lens.
The apprentice process seems to be moving much quicker than other roles so hopefully you won't have too long to wait.
IWads
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Jordiesaurus)
Hiya! That’s great news congratulations, I hope you receive your offer through soon😁. They have moved really quickly with yours so I’m sure it won’t be long, well done to you! I’m still on hold for interview at the moment😊.
LJM02
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Lexie9273)
Hello Jordiesaurus, and well done on passing the interview stage. I had mine a week and a half ago and haven't heard, though to be honest I'm not optimistic, I'm usually not bad with interviews, but struggled speaking 'to' my webcam lens.
The apprentice process seems to be moving much quicker than other roles so hopefully you won't have too long to wait.
I feel exactly the same as you on the interview process Lexie. I found it rather strange and uncomfortable. I spent hours preparing for Q’s which I thought would be asked but weren’t. 😂 Let’s see what happens! Good luck and fingers crossed 🤞
Lexie9273
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by LJM02)
I feel exactly the same as you on the interview process Lexie. I found it rather strange and uncomfortable. I spent hours preparing for Q’s which I thought would be asked but weren’t. 😂 Let’s see what happens! Good luck and fingers crossed 🤞
Good luck to you too. I've not completely given up hope, there's maybe a chance I said enough of the right things amongst my rambling and worse than ever hand gesturing 😊
Dazzybee
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I've just been given a provisional offer, has anyone else heard
IWads
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Dazzybee)
I've just been given a provisional offer, has anyone else heard
Congratulations that’s great news, do you mind me asking where you applied for? I haven’t had an interview yet.
Dazzybee
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by IWads)
Congratulations that’s great news, do you mind me asking where you applied for? I haven’t had an interview yet.
Immingham
Dazzybee
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hi, I got the same response that I had met the required standard, also got a email saying unfortunately they could not offer me a job and I would be on the reserve list for 12 months.Then next day they messaged for me to send image of both pages of my passport as I had only uploaded the page with my picture.Then 2 days after that I got a job offer.I think that maybe everyone who meets the standard is put on the reserve list, then I think they check the list and make offers.I at the vetting stage so the offer is provisional until they carry out all the checks etc.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (66)
12.22%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.67%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (141)
26.11%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (44)
8.15%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (262)
48.52%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed