Liyaaahhh.xo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi guys I need help recently my sfe application was declined (I have a biometric residence card) I have been in England since April 2013 but I i only just revived my residency last year June 2019.
My dad is U.K. national
My mum has a biometric card she renews every 2 and the half years and she has been here for over 15 years
Both my brother and sister are U.K. nationals. But my application was still declined.
After it was decline I was referred to a private loan company called “future finance” and they currently aren’t giving out loans because of the current encomy crisis and I don’t know where else to go or what to do I am and undergraduate student and I feel lost and I want to give up.
NeroliTenzing
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
OK, need more info why it was declined. did you request the renewal of your biometric card after it had expired? (Doesn't matter if they took forever to process, as long as you made the request on time) What type of visa do you have (indefinite or limited?)
I would check with your college, uni, about any financial options if SFE are correct in their denial. there are also career development loans from banks but I have no idea of their terms.
Liyaaahhh.xo
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by NeroliTenzing)
OK, need more info why it was declined. did you request the renewal of your biometric card after it had expired? (Doesn't matter if they took forever to process, as long as you made the request on time) What type of visa do you have (indefinite or limited?)
I would check with your college, uni, about any financial options if SFE are correct in their denial. there are also career development loans from banks but I have no idea of their terms.
Yes I have a 2 and a half yr biometric card I gave to renew and it doesn’t expire till December 2021 also I asked my uni for help and they’ve done nothing but make me an international student.
NeroliTenzing
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
OK, but what SFE will have looked at is a) what visa status are you granted?
b) when did your previous visa run out?
c) did you apply for you current visa before the last one ran out?

You will have an issue if you have limited leave to remain and have not been in England a full 7 years,
or you have indefinite leave to remain and have not been in England 3 years.
If at any point in the last 3 years (for either visa) you applied late for your next one, that will be the issue.

So if for example your old visa ran out 01/01/2020, and you applied for a new visa 31/12/2019 you would have legal status that whole time. If you applied 02/01/2020 you technically would have been here "illegally" for one day and you would need to build up 3 years legal status again before reapplying.

If you have refugee status there should be no issue as long as you lived in England since you were granted it.

Hope that helps.
Liyaaahhh.xo
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Are there any other loan I can get? Because I really want to go to university.
NeroliTenzing
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I've only heard of professional or career development loans from banks, but I dont know what their terms are, sorry. Which of those points is causing the problem? Have you not lived in england last 3 years or is it a gap between your Visa ending and applying for the new Visa before this?
It doesn't matter if it took the home office forever to process your current one, as long as you applied in time.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (83)
18.65%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (90)
20.22%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (84)
18.88%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (97)
21.8%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (44)
9.89%
I haven't started researching yet (47)
10.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise