The Student Room Group

Do i confront my brother for acussing my dad of being violent?

In my last post I spoke of wedding drama. Well when my brother (1) came up he accused my dad of being violent towards his dog (he wasn't) and said how will he trust him with grandchildren in the future (my brother has never in his life said anything like this to my dad, I wonder if it's fiancees words)

My brother grew up with my dad, he knows he isn't violent, period! i think it's very dangerous to make such accusations. It almost seemed like a threat that when he and fiancee do have kids they wont be near our family (claimed how his fiancee had never seen him like dad)

My dad is really hurt though he won't admit it. I had another brother (2) who was there at the time and completley three refuted it. He states dad did not hurt his dog and that he wasn't trying to actually fight with them (he was joking, no physical contact was involved and actually he fell asleep.

I'm worried that my brother (1) found it ok to link violence and grandchildren togther. Brother (2) hates drama, never gets involved in any of it but told brother (1) he was wrong and that is not what happened. Also brother (2) would never lie and would admit if that dad had been out of line.

Do i let this one go? I've drawn a line under wedding stuff. I'll forgive but never forget but I'm worried things are being twisted...
Reply 1
Not your fight. It's between your brother and your dad to sort it out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending