Turn on thread page Beta

Smoked for the firsttime last night and it was a cigar watch

ReputationRep:
    sorry about the posting computer was not responding well so i clikced a few times

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foxo)
    Unless you were stupid enough to inhale, I seriously doubt it'll do anything. It's just a very pleasant and relaxing experience. I smoked a Cuban cigar every week for a year without getting a nicotine addiction.
    And now you smoke a pack a day, amirite :P

Wth, this is the extent of anti-smoking propaganda, one cigar will do NOTHING to you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sahil112)
    cigar is ok smoking is bad what cigar isit cuban? or just then slim ones from shops?
    Are you aware that a Cuban cigar is simply a cigar made in Cuba? It does not refer to its size or thickness, and there are plenty of other perfectly good cigar-producing countries out there. A small, thin cigar is called a cigarillo.

ReputationRep:
    yh thats true cigars are not bad i like to smoke one or two every month

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    Are you aware that a Cuban cigar is simply a cigar made in Cuba? It does not refer to its size or thickness. A small, thin cigar is called a cigarillo.
    yes i do now that cubans also come in small and big but what i was implying ?(should of made it cleaer) is that the cigars from local londis shops etc are not great as they have a taste disadvantage were as the cubans have a greater taste.

ReputationRep:
    What is wrong with inhaling?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WOLLSMOTH)
    its like smoking a 10 or some would say a 20 deck of cigg at once lol and you will also be coughing a lot

ReputationRep:
    The amount of nicotine. I smoke 20 cigarettes a day and I know I'd still cough my lungs out if I inhaled a cigar. You're just supposed to savour the flavour of the smoke - inhaling it into your lungs is not going to do anything to improve the experience, it'll probably just make you feel ill.

ReputationRep:
    Give it a try, then you'll find out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    Give it a try, then you'll find out.
    excellent point lol

ReputationRep:
    how do you get effects which are worth the money without inhaling?
    why don't you light it, inhale once, and then put it out. that'd probably give you the same effect as smoking the whole thing without inhaling, and mean that you'd get far more use out of it.

another thing, why don't smokers invest in a pipe, and empty the contents of their cigarettes into it. i've seen so many smokers throw down unfinished cigarettes, and stand there as half of it burns, often smoking out a bus shelter...not nice for the people standing around them, or the person who's wasted their money only using about 30% or less of what they paid for.
    pipes all the way. they're only about £4.00 if you look carefully...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foxo)
    The amount of nicotine. I smoke 20 cigarettes a day and I know I'd still cough my lungs out if I inhaled a cigar. You're just supposed to savour the flavour of the smoke - inhaling it into your lungs is not going to do anything to improve the experience, it'll probably just make you feel ill.
    That sounds hardcore. I'll be sure not to do it!

ReputationRep:
    i think somebody answered my first question with their point about taste...but still, why pay all that. i'm not going to completely knock cigars, because i haven't tried them, but still...

ReputationRep:
    i dont no about pipes i just enjoy smoking a cigg and when im late for lessons etc easier to chuck away and stamp out or as in my school what children do is put it out and then put it back in a deck and smoke it later they call it chipped lol but it smells awfull

ReputationRep:
    I've tried it and found it almost physically impossible. Once somebody made me laugh while I was smoking a cigar and I almost coughed my lungs out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asdfghjkl123456789)
    how do you get effects which are worth the money without inhaling?
    why don't you light it, inhale once, and then put it out. that'd probably give you the same effect as smoking the whole thing without inhaling, and mean that you'd get far more use out of it.

another thing, why don't smokers invest in a pipe, and empty the contents of their cigarettes into it. i've seen so many smokers throw down unfinished cigarettes, and stand there as half of it burns, often smoking out a bus shelter...not nice for the people standing around them, or the person who's wasted their money only using about 30% or less of what they paid for.
    pipes all the way. they're only about £4.00 if you look carefully...
    ... Because then you can't enjoy it over a long period? The point in cigars is not instant rush, they aren't drugs, its enjoyment over a long period of time.

Relighting cigarette tobacco is nasty. Besideswhich, that's pretty ****ing rude not to stamp out your smokes, I always stamp out my cigs, I would be extremely pissed off if someone just left one lying there on the floor burning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bagration)
    ... Because then you can't enjoy it over a long period? The point in cigars is not instant rush, they aren't drugs, its enjoyment over a long period of time.

Relighting cigarette tobacco is nasty. Besideswhich, that's pretty ****ing rude not to stamp out your smokes, I always stamp out my cigs, I would be extremely pissed off if someone just left one lying there on the floor burning.
    i don't like people leaving them on the ground and stamping them. can't they make sure it's out, and bin it, or put it in a bag and bin it. the streets are disgusting when they're covered in dirty cigarette ends.
    i was in a nice part of spain recently (note: not benedorm(sp?) or any other scummy bingo capital for overweight people), and saw this amazing beach. however, as we got closer, the whole place was covered in cigarette ends. it completely ruined the experience.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think i've ever smoked a cigar actually; I might get one at some point, to puff on as I contemplate which football club to buy next...

Haha. I doubt smoking a cigar every now and then is going to make much difference to your health, at least not to the level where it's possible to accurately determine. Frequent smoking of cigars though is definitely damaging to the mouth/tongue and lungs too, as smaller amounts of smoke do still get inhaled.

If you don't want to start smoking, don't get too keen on the act of smoking! That's far more hooking than nicotine addiction, at first...

edit: agreed about not chucking butts on the floor, it's a bit crappy really. I use an empty film pot or find a bin. Tbh local councils should hand out like foil packets for smokers, but i'm sure this would be seen as "encouraging" smoking or something dumb.

ReputationRep:
    First thing I ever smoked (and have ever smoked) was a cigar.

They are nicee.

And one cigar really won't harm you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asdfghjkl123456789)
    i don't like people leaving them on the ground and stamping them. can't they make sure it's out, and bin it, or put it in a bag and bin it. the streets are disgusting when they're covered in dirty cigarette ends.
    i was in a nice part of spain recently (note: not benedorm(sp?) or any other scummy bingo capital for overweight people), and saw this amazing beach. however, as we got closer, the whole place was covered in cigarette ends. it completely ruined the experience.
    Well if there are bins I put it in the bin (also, drains are good) but this country is absolutely terrible for that. The Government expects people to stop littering but it doesn't provide any bins. I mean seriously, our school said NO LITTERING ON THE FIELD... the nearest bin was at least 200m away. Also, I've put cigs in bins before and its burnt the bin bag; there was some British bloke in South Africa who almost burnt down an entire forest in the dry summer by not making sure his cigarette was out! Not quite the same but sometimes stamping it out is the best option.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 23, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.