i took 11.5. i can't imagine doing 16 :|

Ruth xx
Reply 41
15 :frown:
Drove me mad!
2 were taken a year early though
Nine.
11 - if you're counting grades.
9 - if you're counting subjects and not double awards.

I voted 11 though as I have 11 grades.
Reply 44
death.drop
13. one was art, so fieryiceissweet might not think that one counts but it was actually a LOT of work. more work than any other subject.

nahhhhh art is just about acceptable, cause you need it if you want to do things like architecture
Not that hard :smile:
Reply 48
fieryiceissweet
well thats just plain untrue.

When I was applying last year I traweled through so many university websites. I really can't remember which unis these were in particular, but several had things like candidates get certain points for, say, their GCSE grades; A Level grades/predictions; personal statement; LNAT score (I applied for Law); LNAT essay etc.

I will have a look later on to see if I can find any examples of such unis, however I don't see why I should have to prove myself to you, and I think it's quite rude of you to just try and totally discredit what I have said, with no proof yourself.
Ten. :smile:

Science x 2
English x 2
Maths
History
Business Studies
German
Drama
ICT
Reply 50
I only did 8 :frown:

Sort of got thrown out of DT in year 10 and decided to abandon ICT in year 11 because it was a shambles.
Reply 51
13, straight A*s. I took 2 of them a year early though.
Reply 52
would have done 12 but dropped cooking
Reply 53
10 :smile:
fieryiceissweet
well thats just plain untrue.

Not completely, St Georges count your top 8 for Medicine, unfortunately...
pcok
When I was applying last year I traweled through so many university websites. I really can't remember which unis these were in particular, but several had things like candidates get certain points for, say, their GCSE grades; A Level grades/predictions; personal statement; LNAT score (I applied for Law); LNAT essay etc.

I will have a look later on to see if I can find any examples of such unis, however I don't see why I should have to prove myself to you, and I think it's quite rude of you to just try and totally discredit what I have said, with no proof yourself.

no really there is no way universities will only take into account your top 8 results
they will see all of your gcses, otherwise there would be a hell of a lot of people wll with 8A* results..
Reply 57
fieryiceissweet
no really there is no way universities will only take into account your top 8 results
they will see all of your gcses, otherwise there would be a hell of a lot of people wll with 8A* results..

Yes, they do see all of your grades, but as I said above, there are many that give you scores based on things including your grades, and in this case it is the top 8 taken into account.

And tbh, in my opinion, I'd imagine that somone with, say 10A*s (if they took 10 GCSEs) would not be viewed too differently to someone with 15A*s, for the reasons I have explained in a previous post.
At my school you either take 12, 10 and 1AS, 8 and 2AS. I did the middle option.
Reply 59
11, 10 this year, 1 last.

Latest