Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    In a strange way I can see where Sophie is coming from. When I met my husband he was living in Germany and a member of the RAF.....now how likely would it be that I was to meet him if it wasnt fate?.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eve was framed)
    Seriously- destiny?

Is there even such thing as "love" or is it just chemicals in our brains telling us that is would be a good person to mate with?

Love is (apparently) caused by endorphins. But it's still a fun way to pass the time...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asdfghjkl123456789)
    ^^^i agree. ross was a completely shallow tool in friends. i found the show quite depressing really, because of the shallowness.
    i can't really talk, because i respond in the same way around more obviously attractive people. i really wish i didn't though...it's just so boring. i wish i'd been conditioned to find all non-fatties to be of equal physical attraction. easy.
    The whole series was shallow indeed. It's all the acting: there's nothing natural about it. People just don't behave like that in real life.

I think the people who loved the show are those for whom it's important that their relationships appear fun and everyone's happy because that's how they try to be but as soon as they're behind closed doors, they're just miserable *******s just as I always pictured most of the characters in Friends.

Plus the humour is the most boring humour you can get. It's for people who barely have a sense of humour as it's so dumbed down. I find myself laughing and then I think "god that is such **** humour".

My hatred of Friends has to be kept quiet as I know a lot of people who like the series but I mean after 13 or 14 years of it on the bloody telly, it's just boring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)

My hatred of Friends has to be kept quiet as I know a lot of people who like the series but I mean after 13 or 14 years of it on the bloody telly, it's just boring.
    It's way too formulaic.

ReputationRep:
    I loved friends, I was and still am too a certain extent a die hard addict, I wouldn't want a ross/rachel relationship though, I'd prefer more a chandler/monica one where it's not so complicated you just like that person and they like you no matter what anyone else thinks, although the romantic in me thinks it's very sweet how they worked it all out in the end even thought it was are backwards

Yes I'll admit I cry everytime I watch the last episode

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophie3)
    Nah you're talking rubbish tbh. I believe that we're two parts of the same whole with only one person and destiny makes us meet that person.
    and you've got proof of this have you?

ReputationRep:
    Then you'll be destined to take a holiday there and meet them. Why didn't your parents go through this with you?
    i'm sorry if you're parents have delivered all the philosophical b*llocks to you but if 'destiny' is so prominent in peoples' lives then why are there so many divorces? surely if you meet someone you think is for you but actually isn't 'destiny' will divert you to someone else....

ReputationRep:
    Nah you're talking rubbish tbh. I believe that we're two parts of the same whole with only one person and destiny makes us meet that person.
    How many did you 'pull' then lol

ReputationRep:
    Errr no why would I? I'm only 16, people don't fall in love at 16.
    I do not believe this is always true. I met my boyfriend when I was 15, and we are still together 5 years later.

As for the OP: I hate playing games in relationships so even if I did "find my Ross", I'd tell him to piss off!

ReputationRep:
    sophie3 has posted the most ridiculous reps i have ever seen on this website, first to say people don't fall in love at 16 is so utterly inexperienced and clearly arrogant that it's hard to take anything she says seriously. plus to reply to someone's opinion by saying 'no you're talking rubbish' just proves how shallow, delirious and ill informed she really is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    a plain PC comedy series set in a studio
    I didn't notice many black people...

ReputationRep:
    My name's Rachel, I had a boyfriend called Ross once. I guess you could call them the 'Friends' days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lisaanne)
    forever on the pull.. until she finds the other half to her whole...
    Oo...er.

ReputationRep:
    Please don't compare my life to Friends.

ReputationRep:
    To be PC it doesn't have to have Black People ... and it aint PC anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    I didn't notice many black people...
    so just coz a program doesn't have many black people on it makes it non - PC i.e racist?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helen_J)
    so just coz a program doesn't have many black people on it makes it non - PC i.e racist?
    I wasn't aware something had to be politically correct in order not to be racist.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I already have a Ross - he just doesn't know it yet :rolleyes:

I don't know - destiny and all that - it's a bit far-fetched, and a bit fairytale-ish but it's nice to believe that everyone has a soulmate, isn't it? A "missing piece to their life puzzle", their "lobster"?

Ah, I'm just a romantic, me... :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    I wasn't aware something had to be politically correct in order not to be racist.
    i wasn't aware that in order for something to be PC it had to include black people as well, if that's the case then they would need at least one person from every country/race colour and creed in the world.......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helen_J)
    i wasn't aware that in order for something to be PC it had to include black people as well, if that's the case then they would need at least one person from every country/race colour and creed in the world.......
    I was taking the piss a bit. The lack of racial diversity was something of a subject for humour surrounding Friends, as I recall.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 24, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.