Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    We call then soul partners.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain)
    To be PC it doesn't have to have Black People ... and it aint PC anyway
    Why do you need black people in it? I know if you go to South Africa, they don't have a token white person in every show to appease the whites.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CHAMON)
    Why do you need black people in it? I know if you go to South Africa, they don't have a token white person in every show to appease the whites.
    That is what I was saying to someone else when they said that there was no black people in it making to not PC

I agree with you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain)
    That is what I was saying to someone else when they said that there was no black people in it making to not PC

I agree with you
    i also wondered why Friends was not PC just coz it had no black people in it....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    I didn't notice many black people...
    I didn't mean it in that way. I like my humour to be a bit more incisive and daring... not made in a way that is offensive to noone.

And the lack of any black people just shows how a million miles away from anything resembling New York it is.

ReputationRep:
    boo hoo friends should be banned because it doesn't represent New York...it's still funny, it's still entertainment so who cares how 'realistic' it is it's not a documentary

ReputationRep:
    You breed then you die. There's nothing romantic about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imomo16)
    It took them ten bloody years to finally get together- I'd rather not have to go through such a palaver thanks very much.
    Well, if you count the age from when Ross first liked her (about 14-16) that could be more like 16 years... :zomg:

ReputationRep:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...ockbuster.html

What do you all think of "Friends: the movie"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent)
    You breed then you die. There's nothing romantic about it.

.... so I take it you didn't go and get laid?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h82think)
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...ockbuster.html

What do you all think of "Friends: the movie"?

Its NOT true unfortuantley...

ReputationRep:
    I know some of you say that it's rubbish, and while I'm sure that's just opinion, it's gathered in excess of 50 million viewers in the US, and it ran for 10 years, so it can't be that awful.

And you have to make your own destiny to a certain extend. None of this, sit back and wait for everything to fall into place around me perfectly, ****e. Doesn't. Happen.

ReputationRep:
    ahaha you watch too much tv. this is like the 10 year old kids waiting for their letter from hogwarts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smellslikemarmite)
    I know some of you say that it's rubbish, and while I'm sure that's just opinion, it's gathered in excess of 50 million viewers in the US, and it ran for 10 years, so it can't be that awful.
    Still not convinced - all you've shown is that rubbish can rise to popularity. This has been known for quite some time; for instance, witness the popularity of the music of Ms 'Britney Spears'....

ReputationRep:
    when i broke up with my ex his exact words were
    'but ross and rachel made it work...'

i don't believe a ross/rachel relationship can ever exist.
    but, thats just because i'm cynical.

ReputationRep:
    Nah.

ReputationRep:
    Friends was brilliant, sure it was fairly dumbed down, but so what? I hate these people who **** off TV programmes and yet they seem to know ALL about them. Surely if one doesn't like said TV programme, to not watch it would seem the most sufficient solution.

As for Ross and Rachel's relationship, it was a tad far-fetched, but i would love to find my Ross. Ross is absolutely fit.

ReputationRep:
    I think if you were to find your Ross you'd die of stress before you realised that he was infact your Ross.

To me it seems too much effort to be with someone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mispar)
    .... so I take it you didn't go and get laid?
    stalk much? -_-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent)
    stalk much? -_-
    I was here first. Besides, I'm only showing concern for your mental state.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 24, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.