Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I can't help but think it is a bit strange - 12 years! If the girl was older and there was 12 year age gap it might seem better but there is a whole generational difference here. She may be mature but what is he?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShinyHappyPeople)
    They haven't had sex and she says he doesn't ask her to.
    He's clearly looking for something else than a "tasty little 16-year old" then...

I come across a lot of older guys who just are a bit socially awkward and can't get along with girls their age. He might actually be quite immature in terms of relationships and might actually be better off with a younger girl. Of course I'm just making assumptions about what kind of guy he is.

I mean, with the pressures that British women put on men these days and the expectations in terms of career, sex, social status, image, appearance... it's not really that surprising that you get unconventional relationships with such guys. Look at the number of guys who now go for non-Western girls who are just looking for something totally different, a lot of whom are more interested in a decent guy who can treat them well because in their countries the whole idea of what an ideal man is totally different.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkMobilePhone)

yeh he's older than her parents :yep:
    What did the parents say?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Innuendo_anonymous)
    What did the parents say?
    Horrified at first but then they got used to it. They like him very well now.

ReputationRep:
    There's nothing illegal or immoral going on, so it's OK Imo

ReputationRep:
    That's far too large an age gap in my opinion. The number of years is irrelevant, it's the mindset and maturity of the people involved which matters, and unless one of the two are incredibly mature/immature for their age group, it comes across as being a case of a naive teenager dating a predatory adult.

ReputationRep:
    one is a grown man the other is still a kid. i am sorry but that is seriously creepy.

ReputationRep:
    Well i wouldnt be too happy if my 16 year old sister was dating a 28 year old. Yes she may be fairly mature for her age, but its two totally different stages in life. I'm 20 and not sure that i'd date a 16 year old, i cant see why he'd want to? Hey these things can work though.

ReputationRep:
    hmm i dunno obviou;y i cant judge who i dont know but i cant help but think a decent man (or woman) wouldnt really wanna be messing with someone so young. If she was 20(a mature 20yr old) and he was in his 30s i wouldnt think that. i just think inbetween those teen yeears and when sum1 is in their 20's people grow a lot.

my ex was 8yrs older than me wen i was 17, i was quite mature for my age but lookin back i think he should of left me alone.

Still, i dont think you should interfere unless theres a specific thing he does that is a cause of concern.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty2012)
    that is freaky he was 37 when she was born :eek:
    lol you took the time to work it out

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 25, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.