Dentistry in English - Universidad Europea de Madrid (UEM)

Watch
UEMgrad
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
The GDC have recently released this information on their website:

https://www.gdc-uk.org/registration/...-professionals

Something to consider for all current or potential future students studying abroad and wanting to practice in the UK.
Anonymous #1
Report 4 months ago
hi i have already received 2 rejections from UK dentistry unis and am honestly expecting all 4 rejections. my concern is the fees for studying at a Spanish uni because application and tuition cost a lot. how did you manage this cost or were you able to receive a scholarship?
UEMgrad
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
hi i have already received 2 rejections from UK dentistry unis and am honestly expecting all 4 rejections. my concern is the fees for studying at a Spanish uni because application and tuition cost a lot. how did you manage this cost or were you able to receive a scholarship?
I was lucky enough to get the money loaned from my family. I think the uni do offer scholarships or a reduction on fees for performance in exams sometimes. But there isn’t any governmental financial help for it at all. If your grades are satisfactory and for example your ukcat score was what affected your application this year, I would try applying again next year if I were you (especially with the uncertainty surrounding GDC registration at the moment). Obviously depends on your current situation though.
ma9alem
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by UEMgrad)
The GDC have recently released this information on their website:

https://www.gdc-uk.org/registration/...-professionals

Something to consider for all current or potential future students studying abroad and wanting to practice in the UK.
In light of Brexit, if you study at the Madrid Uni, when you come back to the UK do you have to take the ORE exam or is this uni approved?
UEMgrad
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by ma9alem)
In light of Brexit, if you study at the Madrid Uni, when you come back to the UK do you have to take the ORE exam or is this uni approved?
As the link says, at the moment if you are scheduled to graduate from Madrid after the 31st of December 2022 then you will not automatically qualify for registration with the GDC. As to what will happen, it seems like even the GDC don’t exactly know at the moment. You may have to take the ORE, or they may have a completely new/different process.
cemils
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi there! Really sorry for not responding sooner, I haven’t been on here for ages. On the whole I really did enjoy my time at UEM. From what I’ve heard from people at UEV the general consensus is that Madrid is better, unless you’d prefer to live in Valencia city-wise. Cardenal Herrera is also a fair bit more expensive than Uem and from what I’ve heard the facilities are a little more dated. Same with UCV in terms of the facilities and labs etc.
hey there, thanks a lot for sharing your experiences with us. Hope you'll see my post soon... How was your application process? Some say theres an exam called selectividad, some say no.. I cant be sure.... I wanna study in Valencia.
UEMgrad
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by cemils)
hey there, thanks a lot for sharing your experiences with us. Hope you'll see my post soon... How was your application process? Some say theres an exam called selectividad, some say no.. I cant be sure.... I wanna study in Valencia.
Hi! When I applied there was just an informal interview and confirmation of my grades in school etc. The process may have changed since then though, and I have no idea if Valencia do they same thing or have their own admission procedure. Sorry I can’t be of more help.
zoealexander
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey I’m starting dentistry in UEM next year, I was just wondering how much extra is it for the equipment each year? And what are the chances of me not being able to get patients?
Last edited by zoealexander; 3 weeks ago
zoealexander
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey I’m starting dentistry in UEM next year, I was just wondering how much extra is it for the equipment each year?
zoealexander
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey! I’m going to UEM to study dentistry this September for 5 years through English. I was wondering if I could get your number so I could talk to you on WhatsApp about what it was like? I have a few questions about exams,accommodation,paying for extra equipment and the practical side of things? Thank you, Zoe!
UEMgrad
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by zoealexander)
Hey! I’m going to UEM to study dentistry this September for 5 years through English. I was wondering if I could get your number so I could talk to you on WhatsApp about what it was like? I have a few questions about exams,accommodation,paying for extra equipment and the practical side of things? Thank you, Zoe!
Hey, I’m not going to give my number out on here sorry. If you have any questions that aren’t answered by reading my initial large posts then feel free to message me privately on here and I’ll answer them as soon as I can.
zoealexander
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hey okay don’t worry at all! I’m just wondering what the timetable is like in a normal year. And also do you have to buy equipment for the practical years? Also when are the exam periods usually on? 😊 thank you!
zoealexander
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hey, I’m not going to give my number out on here sorry. If you have any questions that aren’t answered by reading my initial large posts then feel free to message me privately on here and I’ll answer them as soon as I can.
Hey okay don’t worry at all! I am just wondering what is the timetable like in a normal year? And also do you have to buy equipment for the practical years? Also when are the exam periods usually on? Thank you 😊
UEMgrad
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by zoealexander)
Hey okay don’t worry at all! I am just wondering what is the timetable like in a normal year? And also do you have to buy equipment for the practical years? Also when are the exam periods usually on? Thank you 😊
The timetables depend on the year and the semester as all the classes are different. Think there used to be some sample timetables hidden on their website somewhere but I think they’ve recently updated it so I’m not sure where anything is on it anymore.

Yes you have to buy equipment for labs and clinics, starting in first year for really basic stuff. The exam periods are usually halfway through a semester and at the end of the semester. They also have smaller assessments and lab exams thrown in throughout the semester.

Have a read through my initial post on here if you haven’t already. It had all the answers to your questions in it and might have more answers for any other questions that come to you later.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (157)
42.9%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (54)
14.75%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (147)
40.16%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (8)
2.19%

Watched Threads