The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yeah Tinder has really gone downhill for me since lockdown started. Before the pandemic I used to get 1 or 2 matches a day or every other day, and some matches would actually reply. Nowadays I’m barely getting 4 matches in a week after swiping on so many girls nearly every night. The ones I do get are either really off-putting, or the very shady fake looking profiles with one picture and nothing in the bio. They also don’t reply as often as they used to, and it’s got to the point where I’m just fed up of messaging anyone now. I have about 30 matches built up over the last 4 months who I haven’t messaged cos I know they’re just gonna ignore. You’d think that during lockdown when lots of girls are working from home or have lost their jobs and hence have a lot of free time on their hands, they would be paying more attention to matches. But in fact they’re replying even less than they used to. I’m thinking of just cancelling Tinder altogether and uninstalling it permanently.
Guys, don't force it, at the right time, the right girl will come :smile: There is no point in chasing love as it won't be successful!!

Original post by Anonymous
Re downloaded Tinder about a week ago and have been active on it, but not swiping on everyone deliberately.

Put better photos up, decent bio, etc but I've heard that Asian guys in particular have a tougher time on here.

Anyone had similar experiences?

Original post by asif007
Yeah Tinder has really gone downhill for me since lockdown started. Before the pandemic I used to get 1 or 2 matches a day or every other day, and some matches would actually reply. Nowadays I’m barely getting 4 matches in a week after swiping on so many girls nearly every night. The ones I do get are either really off-putting, or the very shady fake looking profiles with one picture and nothing in the bio. They also don’t reply as often as they used to, and it’s got to the point where I’m just fed up of messaging anyone now. I have about 30 matches built up over the last 4 months who I haven’t messaged cos I know they’re just gonna ignore. You’d think that during lockdown when lots of girls are working from home or have lost their jobs and hence have a lot of free time on their hands, they would be paying more attention to matches. But in fact they’re replying even less than they used to. I’m thinking of just cancelling Tinder altogether and uninstalling it permanently.
Don't use dating apps/websites as you won't be able to compete with the very good looking guys. Meet girls in real life so they can get to know your personality more.
I'm White but I have never got a single date from Tinder either, nor from any other dating platform I have used.
Original post by Nialler x
Guys, don't force it, at the right time, the right girl will come :smile: There is no point in chasing love as it won't be successful!!

Aw you're cute:console:. Tinder isn't genuinely used as an app for finding love. It's notorious for being a place for a quick hook-up.

Kind of like a fast food take away.
Re downloaded Tinder about a week ago and have been active on it, but not swiping on everyone deliberately.

Put better photos up, decent bio, etc but I've heard that Asian guys in particular have a tougher time on here.

Anyone had similar experiences?

Original post by Justbeingmyself
Don't use dating apps/websites as you won't be able to compete with the very good looking guys. Meet girls in real life so they can get to know your personality more.

If what you’re looking for is a partner rather than a quick shag, then I whole-heartedly recommend Hinge.

I met my current girlfriend on there and I’m by no means the most attractive guy 😂 Hinge allows you to show off your personality more than simply swiping left or right depending upon if someone is physically attractive.

*disclaimer* I’m not Asian, if I were any whiter and sweeter I’d be a cheesecake.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Drudiger
Aw you're cute:console:. Tinder isn't genuinely used as an app for finding love. It's notorious for being a place for a quick hook-up.

Kind of like a fast food take away.

But some use it to find love, I don't know man, I don't use dating apps.
Original post by CTLeafez
If what you’re looking for is a partner rather than a quick shag, then I whole-heartedly recommend Hinge.

I met my current girlfriend on there and I’m by no means the most attractive guy 😂 Hinge allows you to show off your personality more than simply swiping left or right depending upon if someone is physically attractive.

*disclaimer* I’m not Asian, if I were any whiter and sweeter I’d be a cheesecake.

That's great! Personally though I've never had any luck on any dating apps/sites. I've used hinge, Pof, tinder etc. Countlessly changed up my bio, pics and opening lines and still nothing. Apart from a few replies after which they stopped replying. I've had better luck meeting girls in real life, although this pandemic is making it hard to meetup safely now.
(edited 3 years ago)
Try real life. Granted a little tricky at the moment, but it's going to change. It is easier.
Original post by CTLeafez

:rofl: this made me laugh so much!
Original post by Reality Check
:rofl: this made me laugh so much!

The joke just came into my head in the early hours of the morning 😂

NGL I find this a bit patronising. Not all of us are in a position to meet girls face to face. The reason we use Tinder in the first place is because we don’t meet any girls in person or we don’t get anywhere with them.

Who said anything about “chasing love” when most people openly admit they use Tinder for hook ups? The point of this thread is that it’s difficult enough for Asian guys to get anywhere on it, so I don’t see how your comments are helping.

But some use it to find love, I don't know man, I don't use dating apps.

Yeah I think this explains a lot. When you don’t use dating apps, you don’t really know what you’re talking about here.
Original post by asif007

Yeah I think this explains a lot. When you don’t use dating apps, you don’t really know what you’re talking about here.

Sorry for intruding, i'll get my coat and leave :getmecoat:
Original post by Justbeingmyself

Thanks, it's getting to know more girls in real life. Most kinda treat me like I'm boring even when I talk about a range of things; feel even the shy/quiet girls want the same obnoxious guys
Original post by asif007
NGL I find this a bit patronising. Not all of us are in a position to meet girls face to face. The reason we use Tinder in the first place is because we don’t meet any girls in person or we don’t get anywhere with them.

Who said anything about “chasing love” when most people openly admit they use Tinder for hook ups? The point of this thread is that it’s difficult enough for Asian guys to get anywhere on it, so I don’t see how your comments are helping.

Couldn't agree more with this.

Only had 5 matches on Tinder, yet only 1 responded to my opening message but completely ignored my reply to a question she asked.

Again, I don't think I look like the top Bollywood actor, nor do I resemble the elephant man but it's getting ridiculous to open the app every day after swiping hundreds of people and get the same 'no new matches' message.

A girl just posted about meeting a guy for sex from Tinder after only meeting once. I find girls take it for granted how easy they have it on there where they can just filter through who's the most 'f***able'. At some stage, I'd be comfortable with a hookup if it was on the cards..

In real life, I don't get attention from girls anyway so its not any better. I thought I'd find 'love' at uni but that went swimmingly, so here I am..
Couldn't agree more with this.

Only had 5 matches on Tinder, yet only 1 responded to my opening message but completely ignored my reply to a question she asked.

Again, I don't think I look like the top Bollywood actor, nor do I resemble the elephant man but it's getting ridiculous to open the app every day after swiping hundreds of people and get the same 'no new matches' message.

A girl just posted about meeting a guy for sex from Tinder after only meeting once. I find girls take it for granted how easy they have it on there where they can just filter through who's the most 'f***able'. At some stage, I'd be comfortable with a hookup if it was on the cards..

In real life, I don't get attention from girls anyway so its not any better. I thought I'd find 'love' at uni but that went swimmingly, so here I am..

Yeah I think most people can’t sympathise with just how difficult it is for normal guys. Not everyone finds a relationship easily at uni like most people expect they should. The truth about Tinder is that it’s a reflection of what girls are like in real life. You’ve heard the saying that on Tinder 80% of girls chase 20% of guys, well that’s also true in real life. Girls can swipe and match with whoever they want, and then they decide based on how good looking you are whether they reply to you or not. Let’s face it, most girls just rack up the matches on Tinder to feed their ego and show off to their friends, not because they actually want to talk to you. Girls have a very short attention span to the point that they think replying to you once and then ignoring your replies after that counts as a conversation, done. It’s understandable when they have so many guys to choose from, but it’s really **** for those of us who get ignored. I think it’s really ironic some girls write things in their bio along the lines of “don’t match if you’re not gonna talk” and then ignore you when you send them a message.

I know for a fact that if I put up pictures of myself in amateur modelling poses, topless shots of my physique and working hard in the gym, pictures of me knocking down other guys in aggressive sports like football and rugby, and some poses with expensive cars, guns and other girls - not only would I get hundreds of matches, but girls would actually message first and initiate everything. But that’s not the type of guy I am: I’m not well built from the gym, I don’t have expensive displays of wealth and I don’t play football. My pictures are ordinary selfies and glamour shots from weddings, parties and film shoots, nothing special. These aren’t the things that work. So I end up having to lower my standards immensely, and I only match with girls I would never usually be attracted to. The best I’ve done so far is met a woman last year for sex, but she wasn’t that attractive and it didn’t last long because she got fed up of my travelling. Something I’ve learned is that if you can’t give attention to a girl right there and then, exactly when she wants it because you’re busy or whatever, they want nothing to do with you. Regardless of how long they spent ignoring you in the first place.

All I would suggest is that you keep working towards all these things I’ve mentioned that will bring the matches rolling in. Some of my male friends have shown me their Tinder profiles, the types of pictures they put up and the hundreds of matches it brings in: trust me, these kinds of pictures do work. Girls who say they’ve been hurt in the past and want a relationship with someone who will treat them right: even they will chase ****boys with all the right things on display in their pictures.
Original post by asif007

I know for a fact that if I put up pictures of myself in amateur modelling poses, topless shots of my physique and working hard in the gym, pictures of me knocking down other guys in aggressive sports like football and rugby, and some poses with expensive cars, guns and other girls - not only would I get hundreds of matches, but girls would actually message first and initiate everything.

If you look for shallow women like that, of course you are going to hold the low opinion of women that you do :rolleyes: There are plenty of highly intelligent women who wouldn't look twice at those sorts of photos, you just aren't going to find them on tinder. All the nonsense about not meeting women irl is just that - nonsense. You are either not looking in the right places, or the problem is with you and your personality (and based on how you talk about women, it is very much the latter in your case).
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by black tea
If you look for shallow women like that, of course you are going to hold the low opinion of women that you do :rolleyes: There are plenty of highly intelligent women who wouldn't look twice at those sorts of photos, you just aren't going to find them on Twitter. All the nonsense about not meeting women irl is just that - nonsense. You are either not looking in the right places, or the problem is with you and your personality (and based on how you talk about women, it is very much the latter in your case).

Clearly you haven’t been paying attention to this thread as you’re just talking out of your backside. OP says he didn’t meet any girls at uni, and now he’s graduated he will find it harder to meet someone. According to your logic, you’re saying it’s his fault he wasn’t in the right place to find someone or there’s something wrong with his personality and that’s just rude. Such a lack of compassion and outright BS. All we normal guys do is watch how girls behave and what the guys who are successful with girls are doing right. The facts speak for themselves no matter how much ignorant girls like you deny it. Clearly ignorance is bliss.
Original post by asif007
Clearly you haven’t been paying attention to this thread as you’re just talking out of your backside. OP says he didn’t meet any girls at uni, and now he’s graduated he will find it harder to meet someone. According to your logic, you’re saying it’s his fault he wasn’t in the right place to find someone or there’s something wrong with his personality and that’s just rude. Such a lack of compassion and outright BS. All we normal guys do is watch how girls behave and what the guys who are successful with girls are doing right. The facts speak for themselves no matter how much ignorant girls like you deny it. Clearly ignorance is bliss.

I have been paying attention. Uni isn't the be all and end all - it's perfectly possible to meet a partner outside of uni, as many people do. Tinder is just not the place to look. And most "normal" guys do end up with a partner sooner or later.

Latest

Trending

Trending