Should I take Philosophy and History A-Level together?

Watch
max.leni
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I’m planning on doing Philosophy, History and Psychology A-Levels. Do you think Philosophy and History together will be too hard? Should I swap Philosophy with Business BTEC?
JessD3333
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I think philosophy and history go really well together as they are both essay-based, require forming arguments and analysis. I'm not sure about the difficulty but I would assume that they are no harder than history and business BTEC
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by max.leni)
I’m planning on doing Philosophy, History and Psychology A-Levels. Do you think Philosophy and History together will be too hard? Should I swap Philosophy with Business BTEC?
Hey!

What are your plans after A-Levels? Do you know whether philosophy or business would perhaps be better?

Although I didn't study Philosophy at A-Level, I don't personally think it would be too hard at all, and I think it would actually fit quite nicely with one another and plenty of student study both of these subjects and manage. If you're choosing history I assume you are quite happy writing essays, so you should be alright studying philosophy alongside! Also, I always suggest taking the subjects you prefer the most, so if philosophy stands out to you as more interesting and enjoyable than business it is probably the best route to go down!

Courtney -- Official Student Rep
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by max.leni)
Hi @max.leni

I studies History A level and A level Philosophy and ethics at sixth-form. I personally found them manageable as long as I put the work in. Because both were essay based that helped as I had two subjects where I was practicing my writing skills. I would recommend deciding by thinking about if you would enjoy studying business or philosophy and which one you are likely to do well in.

Good Luck!

Zaira
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (333)
55.59%
I don't have everything I need (266)
44.41%

Watched Threads