The Student Room Group

Please Read and Give Me Your Opinion....

Hi guys,
So I'm back home because of COVID and I keep getting flashbacks of all the times I've embarrassed myself whilst drunk at uni. It's literally making me lose my appetite and feel depressed as soon as I think about it. Normally (aka sober), I'm an outgoing person, but very normal and don't say or do anything stupid.
But when I get pretty drunk (for me that's a bottle of wine and about 5 shots vodka), I get SO DUMB. I mean like, I talk so much and my laugh is so annoying.
Anyways, there's been a couple incidents where I REALLY screwed up, and it haunts me:
1. I got blackout drunk (I don't remember very much but my friend told me about it) and started getting desperate around this really cute guy. Like basically being like "why won't you kisssss meeeee" for an hour. He clearly thinks im crazy after that.
2. I was getting over a guy for a period of time so when I got super drunk, I would sometimes cry and it would annoy my friends. (honestly it would annoy me too)
3. One of my "friends" was telling me to kiss her boyfriend and I declined a couple times and she kept saying "just one peck" so I was like fine and did it and then she got mad at me (I was really drunk but I still remember). So I spent all week apologizing to her and now she thinks I'm coming onto her boyfriend, which upsets me because I don't like him like that at all.

It seems my problem is desperation, which is super weird since Im not a desperate person and in fact do not even want a relationship. And I know I shouldn't drink a lot, which I have cut down my alcohol consumption on a night out and have been fine. But its more of the times I did embarrass myself that consume my mind...

Whats your opinion on this and how can I help myself?
You're doing fine. It's all part of the going to uni experience. All part of you developing your social skills.

Give yourself a pat on the back for having an active social life as well as passing your assignments and exams.

You have done nothing morally, nor ethically, nor legally wrong. You are a good citizen.

Life would be very boring if you never embarrassed yourself.
Give me embarassment over boredom any day.

It sounds like you've already set yourself the target of drinking in moderation on your next night out whilst still having a lot of fun. Sounds like a good target to me.

There's a lot to be said for you having 1 or 2 boyfriends per year at uni. To develop your relationship skills. There are a few books you could read or youtube videos you could watch that would give you a few pointers on this area (as well as a lot of stuff that's produced by self appointed gurus that don't know what they are talking about).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending