Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i say sheffield for modern comfort- it has a little community with amazing facilities and really cosy comfortable rooms and flats.

nottingham has the most AMAZING buildings, all with courtyards and that period feel to them, though they can be a bit dingy on the inside...

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I believe Oxbridge, simply for size. One of my friends brothers has a room at I-forget-which-college that has an antechamber approximately the same size as a normal student bedroom...

ReputationRep:
    central london, because you get to live in the expensive of britain and one of the expensivest part in europe

ReputationRep:
    You liked the accommodation at Nottingham? Euch. Grot. The Trent building is nice from the outside, but no halls there.

Magdalen College Oxford has the most obscenely nice rooms. Students with separate living/study rooms, overlooking a deer park, etc etc. But then they have to work seriously hard even by Oxford standards.

The new accommodation at Sussex is really nice (if too modern for me) and some looks over the Sussex Downs.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't seen many but the Endcliffe Villiage at Sheffield exceeded expectations.

ReputationRep:
    ok well i think oxbridge is obviously going to peep up here.... the rooms being very much older and so therefore larger than standard etc.

is there any uni that has balconies on their rooms? that would be something :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callum9999)
    I haven't seen many but the Endcliffe Villiage at Sheffield exceeded expectations.
    TOTALLY agree.... when i was in the tour of the village my mouth didnt close for about an hour! it was soooo nice!

ReputationRep:
    I've only seen Nottingham and Sheffield but Sheffield Endcliffe Village is amazing.

ReputationRep:
    clare college cambridge, caius college cambridge (SHB) - those r pretty good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scraceus999)
    TOTALLY agree.... when i was in the tour of the village my mouth didnt close for about an hour! it was soooo nice!
    I also stayed there the day/night before the open day and I imagine it would be a great place to live.

ReputationRep:
    Leeds have a new one that opened this January called Concept place. it looks AMAZING.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm when I was down for interview at Oxford, the room I was in at Somerville was properly crap, just a standard size room but it was ridiculously cold, IIRC the glass was single pane but the heating in my room had broken and I had to wear a coat in bed, bad week.

ReputationRep:
    Leicester! The rooms were bigger than average and had little en-suites (most of them anyway) with a toilet and tiny shower. It was like a pod

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scraceus999)
    ok well i think oxbridge is obviously going to peep up here.... the rooms being very much older and so therefore larger than standard etc.

is there any uni that has balconies on their rooms? that would be something :P
    Some rooms in Christ's College Cambridge have balconies apparently.

ReputationRep:
    So I'm the only one who read the "NICEST" as "INCEST", then?

ReputationRep:
    The new building at UEA are pretty damn nice. Very light and spacious

ReputationRep:
    I doubt very few people are i a good position to say. How many people have even seen more than 2 or 3? Most people can just say whether their unis accommodation is nice or not.

In my biased opinion - the location of Imperial's halls can't be beaten; Beit is in one of the nicest areas of London, literally right across the street from the Royal Albert Hall. Though i admit, because it is in London, the sizes can be small even for uni accommodation... though not terrible.

ReputationRep:
    :toofunny: :dancing: :congrats:
    (Original post by DominF)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DominF)
    NO! I read that (and was a bit taken back) first time round :>.<:

Glad I wasn't the only one.....:woo:

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.