Turn on thread page Beta

Where is the NICEST uni accomodation in Britain? watch

Announcements

Cardiff's University Hall is a really lovely and nice.

ReputationRep:
    london collge hall

ReputationRep:
    clare college cambridge, caius college cambridge (SHB) - those r pretty good
    The SHB is very nice, comfy, largish rooms whilst very modern. But it's also a bit sterile. A nice place to be, but I would hate to think it was one of the nicest bits of uni accomodation in the country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scraceus999)
    ok well i think oxbridge is obviously going to peep up here.... the rooms being very much older and so therefore larger than standard etc.

is there any uni that has balconies on their rooms? that would be something :P
    At portsmouth uni 6 rooms in the Langstone Flats have balconies due to being above disabled rooms

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MazalTov89)
    Cardiff's University Hall is a really lovely and nice.
    Talybont court?

Are you kidding?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Taemon)
    I believe Oxbridge, simply for size. One of my friends brothers has a room at I-forget-which-college that has an antechamber approximately the same size as a normal student bedroom...

Not necessarily. My bf is at Cambridge (Pembroke College), and his rooms have both been horrible - the first one was in college (Foundress Court), and was big enough, but a complete waste of space - long, thin and high ceilinged. It had chipped/marked paint, and you could hear people talking/shouting/laughing outside in the corridor from in his room, even if they weren't visible, because of the appalling accoustics. It had shared facilities down the corridor (between about 10 other people), and this was the most expensive accomodation in college. His one last year was in college owned property in Panton St, and literally had mould growing up the walls. The window wouldn't open, there was only one working shower between about 10 people, the kitchen was ridiculously limited (no oven again, and only two hob rings - the same as in college), the boiler kept failing, and it was just generally rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scraceus999)
    is there any uni that has balconies on their rooms? that would be something :P
    Holland Hall at Exeter does...mind you, you have to pay £150/week and put up with the rah-filled atmosphere!

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.